Mo
I found a Perfect10 satellite dish (10footer),it looks like it's in very good
shape.The lady wanted to know how much I would give,so my ? to you
is how much should I offer before it's not worth it. I'm thinking no more
than $50.00,because the last two dishes I found cost me 0 = free. But
both were 7.5 and I would like a 10' dish.:confused: I don't know if she wanted
me to take the pole or not. Please give me your input:up
Thanks Long Hair

If it's in great shape, and you think it's worth paying her for it, you could offer her scrap value for the aluminum -- maybe $30? And offer to cut the pole off just below grade (if it's possible ) and add some grass seed to the small patch of bare soil for her.

To my chagrin, seems last year was the year people decided to scrap a bunch of 10 footers locally. I got two of them, but still, would have been nice to have a couple more in reserve, stored in the basement.

If it's rare, or exactly what you want, what would you give to get it?
You know the new prices for these dishes.
$50 or maybe even $100 might be okay if 10'ers are rare in your area, and this one is perfect.
Have you been searching for something like this for long?
(A lot of guys here on the forum are right in refusing to spend a dime; they run across so many, they have a lot to choose from.)

I spent around $135 in cash and gifts to the owner of a rare Birdview dish, a while back.
But they don't exactly grow on trees, here on the west coast. :rolleyes:
The owner even worked like a dog to help dig out the pole.

The other rare spun aluminum perforated dish in my signature, also came on an H-H mount and it was free.
That owner also dug out his coax, and helped me take it down. - :cool:
$50, $75, or $100 for it would have been a good deal, too.

I rented a flat-bed truck to haul the dishes, and arranged to pick up both on a single Saturday.
The Birdview was in the morning, and the perf was in the afternoon.
The truck rental was by the day, so getting both in one day was a big savings, too.

If it's in great shape, and you think it's worth paying her for it, you could offer her scrap value for the aluminum -- maybe $30? And offer to cut the pole off just below grade (if it's possible ) and add some grass seed to the small patch of bare soil for her.

To my chagrin, seems last year was the year people decided to scrap a bunch of 10 footers locally. I got two of them, but still, would have been nice to have a couple more in reserve, stored in the basement.

I was thinking about saying $35 for the scrap cost. I have seen alot a 10' to 12'
dishes disappear, because I didn't have the nerve to knock on the door. My shyness is my own worst enemy, and my wife:D

I was thinking about saying $35 for the scrap cost. I have seen alot a 10' to 12'
dishes disappear, because I didn't have the nerve to knock on the door. My shyness is my own worst enemy, and my wife:D

Haha, I know the shyness part. My obstacle was I couldn't get the panels through the narrow and low entrance into the basement and had no place to store spare dishes. I finally took apart the railing (duh) and the quadrants of a 10 footer just barely fit through. I haven't tried, but the 12 footers that disassemble into 8 pieces might fit easily as well, and I know where a few 12 foot mesh dishes are.

Now days if it's not free then I would go elsewhere looking for another dish so far I've got all four of my dishes for free not counting the 6 footer yet to be planted.

I have a local big dish dealer turned pizza delivery guy. He charges 200 bucks for a ten footer delivered. 100 bucks for an 8 footer delivered. So at least that is the retail price in my area for a used dish. Last year I picked up a Perfect Ten 10 foot dish complete with H2H mover and two receivers for free as the guy just wanted it out of his yard. He even helped and he was not worried about the pole. Looking in the local ad rag is how I found it. (Actually mom found the ad and called me.) With the demise of the 4d receivers on the horizon, I can't see spending much for one. And if anyone wants to get one out of their yard, nobody is going to work to take it if they have to give anything for it. I don't know of any scrappers that give scrap price then bust their butt relying on the scrap yard to reimburse them. Scrappers get it for free and the scrap price is their payment for taking it down and the work involved in that. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Dish removal service

In the last year i have had flyers left in my mail box offering to remove my dish for a fee (idiots think I want it gone). If the lady is not using the dish and you want it really bad, give her ten bucks more than her best offer. Just checked e bay ound a ten foot dish with a dsr 922 receiver and a hdd200 decoder for a hundred bucks (all ready dissassembled and ready for pickup). What kind of hardware comes with the perfect 10.

Last edited:
In the last year i have had flyers left in my mail box offering to remove my dish for a fee (idiots think I want it gone). If the lady is not using the dish and you want it really bad, give her ten bucks more than her best offer.

She told me she has pizza now, so the 10footer is not in service anymore.

She told me she has pizza now, so the 10footer is not in service anymore.[/QUOTE

Does it come with a receiver? A good c band receiver with polarity control might be worth a few bucks extra. A good polar rotor helps when tuning the weaker signals. What kind of lnb(s) come with it. A good norsat or calamp is worth something.

If it come with a C-Band receiver i offer her 25.00

She said she still has the receiver. I think I will start the offfer @ $30.00,
and see what happens. I know if I wanted a Fiberglass dish there are a
few I could have,but I think I'm better off with a mesh. It will be going on
a 9ft. pole, mesh= less work for me.:D

Well it must be made of gold, because she told me no less than $200.
For that price I'd just buy the SatHawk PVR800 and use the 7.5 I have now:D
Thanks to all for the input, I guess I'll keep on looking.

As folks have suggested in previous threads: tell her what the -removal fee- will be!
There's half or a full day's work involved to remove and haul it away.
If it's not got an H-H under it, and there are more BUDs around, and it's not gold-plated, I wouldn't go over the $50 mark for it. :)

She must be a satellite guys member and knows what is the going price on c-band dishes .

Last night I checked my email and I had a reply from a craigslist post
I made. The guy said he know's of a mesh dish not sure the size, but it's
a big one. He told me the guy he rents a building from wants it taking down
to be scraped. He was going to email a pic of it last night,but so far I have not
received it. So Later today I'm going to call back and try to go look at it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)