How much would you pay for the new Dish "concept" remote?

What would you pay for the concept remote Dish displayed at Team Summit?

• I'd take it only if it were free.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • I'd pay up to $25.

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • Might go up to $50.

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • MAYBE go as high as $100.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Looks so good I might even pay more than $100.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Don't want it at any price.

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I'm referring to the one that flips over to reveal a sorta QWERTY keyboard and also acts like a mouse. This may or may not come out. I doubt that this would be a standard remote, as it is not essential to the operation of the H/J system as it exists today.

Of course, this poll only refers to people who have, or who intend to get, a Hopper/Joey system.

My Samsung 60" TV came with one of those remotes with a QWERTY keyboard on the back. I've never flipped it over.

Care to add a monthly fee answer? Cause that's my guess to have the feature turned on and get the remote.......

Tampa8 said:
Care to add a monthly fee answer? Cause that's my guess to have the feature turned on and get the remote.......

I'd be fine with a one time fee. Not sure it'd be at all worth paying an additional monthly fee.

Yeah, I think a one time fee is reasonable. Not sure I'd want to pay a monthly fee, but if it were only a buck or two I'd have to consider it. Of course, if there's a monthly fee there should be no up front fee.

Nah. I'd rather pay once, just don't want a monthly irritating fee.

Well this is why I bring it up. It could be a one time fee, like EHD was, or it could be small monthly fee which is what I'm betting on, like the Logitech enhancement was. I 'm not advocating either just saying it probably should be in the poll because I think it's highly likely.

Yep. Wish I'd thought of that.

But then, how much per month? I'd find a monthly fee a lot more irritating for a remote than a flat fee.

I just want to put bookmarks in my DVR recordings. Don't need a new remote for that. ;)

I would say at most $50,hope for less though, would buy at least 4 of them so $25 would be my ideal price range considering that replacements of our current remotes ar only $20

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts