How much would you pay for the new Dish "concept" remote?

What would you pay for the concept remote Dish displayed at Team Summit?

• I'd take it only if it were free.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • I'd pay up to $25.

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • Might go up to $50.

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • MAYBE go as high as $100.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Looks so good I might even pay more than $100.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Don't want it at any price.

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters
I would maybe go as high as $100, since it looks like there are a lot of additional features with this remote. I would not want a new monthly fee though. I have paid $100+ for a remote before (Logitech Harmony One) and would do so again if it also included the new functionality as well.

I agree any charges should be upfront and one-time. Monthly fees are normally charged if there are third-party licensing fees being passed through to the end user. This may be the case with the Revues, since it involves intellectual property from multiple sources (Android OS from Google, Logitech's own IP in the firmware) and custom code written to allow the Revue to interact directly with VIP receivers. Since the main functions of the remote work either completely within the capabilities of the DVR products, or interact with social networking applications like Twitter or Facebook that would not levy any licensing fees, I would not expect any ongoing fees as part of the product cost.

It should be free simply for the fact that the play button is finally where it belongs. I don't want the keyboard, just give me the option to use a BT keyboard.

A monthly fee would be beyond absurd, and an insult.

The only way I would consider paying is if it were universal, and completely programmable (from PC - cross-platform) with macros.

Last edited:
..give me the option to use a BT keyboard.
Or RF. Logitech has a great one for around $35 with built-in touchpad and near-full-size keys.
A monthly fee would be beyond absurd, and an insult.
That hasn't stopped them before.

The only way I would consider paying is if it were universal, and completely programmable (from PC - cross-platform) with macros.
It would take that to make me give up my Harmony. If not, I'd prefer the Harmony plus a WL keyboard.

It would take that to make me give up my Harmony. If not, I'd prefer the Harmony plus a WL keyboard.

I agree here. The first thing I thought of when I saw this remote was "I want one." The second thing I thought of was "I also want my Harmony to have a keyboard." Since the Harmony is RF though, that would be an interesting design challenge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts