How outdated is my Pansat 2700a?

Duke Pittsburgh

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Hey guys! Long time since I have posted here, but I really neef the help of my genius friends here in the community.
I havd been locked on g17 with a cheapie 33"dish and universal lnb, thru a Pansat 2700a for about 8 years at my camp, enjoying the live feeds from ABC News One. Well, that finally went away, so I just wanted to try to lock on these Fox and CBS stations out of Grand Junction CO. G17, 12128 V 8750.
After starting over completely with new lnb, re-plumbing my post and re-verifying EVERYTHING... Can't get any signal there, but found a strong 97% quality signal there in the form of a Coronavirus-dedicated news feed from China! (horizontal)
My question is; camp is in north-central Pennsylvania; should those Grand Junction channels be obtainable with s 33" dish? Is my Pansat too old to pick up that signal? Don't know much about DBS/encryption to know if my receiver is holding me back. I would love to hear what you guys think. Thanks!

-Duke

Those Co. stations are broadcast in DVBS2 and the Pansat can't do it. But like any FTA feeds, they come and go and those stations have been color bars for days. :(

There are some news channels on G19 (97W) in DVBS format that you can likely receive with your 2700. The news channel from China is likely on 95W, maybe your antenna shifted a bit.
Just did a quick scan on 97W Ku and get 182 channels, many are still DVBS.
RTV, PressTV, and CNC World are some foreign news channels available.

Thanks guys. Really bummed about the Colorado stations. Strange I couldn't pick up any quality on that frequency, even though the channel not broadcasting?
Definitely was locked on G17, the news channel was CGTN America/Africa/China news plus 4 sub-channels and 5 audio. The "List" shows it on 103w but LyngSat shows it there on C band. I'm quite sure it is a recent move.
Might be re-locating to 103w to pick up Cozi TV (just for SOMETHING to watch) but she hangs awful low in the sky from the mountains of Pennsylvania.
Is it worthwhile upgrading to DVBS2 box? Looks like you can pick up a china-cheapie on Ebay, less than I paid for the used Pansat 10 years ago!
Thanks again for your responses and opinions - means a lot to me.
-Duke

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts