SES1

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
With my local dropping Decades the sub channel, I fired up my old Dish (1985-NQS), that is not in the greatest shape after 100+ MPH storms beat it to death through the years, but it still works. Not tracking the arc very well, so I decided to just peak it on SES1. Still works on surrounding birds (ANIK F1-G19) well enough, if I want to move it for more diginets. But several I do get OTA, some streaming, and others via Dish. KOIN Portland dropped Decades, Nexstar dropped it, so all of their stations dropped it. They had no choice I was told. It all comes from corporate, but thank goodness for the big dish. My neighbors have asked me why I have not gotten rid of it. I am glad I never have. 3748/2734 only gives me about 60-62%. Seems weaker than some of the others, but still locks and works well. Since my Pansat 9500 has an issue with a timer (Never has worked, or I just do not how to run it), I broke down and picked up a Used Toshiba DVD Record with an built in 160GB HDD, so I can DVR Decades. It was cheap enough and the HDD can be replaced if it dies in the future. The Pansat 9500 does record it is click record, but I have never gotten the timers to work. I set them and it shows they are going to record, but they never do, or at least I cannot view them. So the Toshiba should solve my issues. Everything else I have I can DVR it, Dish, the ReCast, etc. I will wire the Toshiba in just for the big dish as everything else is covered. 160 GB is big enough for my purposes anyway.

Decades is a great channel, and Ses1 is a great satellite to park a dish on. Good job!

I used to spend a lot of time after our Pacific storms realigning the Dish to track the arc from AMC8 to S2, but in recent years with streaming, Dish, OTA, I only watch a handful of channels on the birds. I figure most everything I care about is from ANIK F1 and G19, C Band. Decades is my favorite I do get elsewhere, so the Dish sits on SES1 now. Is Decades a weaker channel, or is it my setup? Some of the others get me 85%, but Decades hits 60-63%.

I do like Decades also. Mostly for the news nostalgia. "Through the ages". A local ham said that the local cable outfit is providing it now. Nothing OTA though - probably because this is a small market.

I used to spend a lot of time after our Pacific storms realigning the Dish to track the arc from AMC8 to S2, but in recent years with streaming, Dish, OTA, I only watch a handful of channels on the birds. I figure most everything I care about is from ANIK F1 and G19, C Band. Decades is my favorite I do get elsewhere, so the Dish sits on SES1 now. Is Decades a weaker channel, or is it my setup? Some of the others get me 85%, but Decades hits 60-63%.

It's a little weaker than others, but not by much. It stays locked well on my 8ft SAMI dish with Titanium C1-PLL lnbf, and Edision OS MIO receiver

Thanks. I have no trouble with a lock, but it seems in the old days all of the Luken channel were all in that 80-85%. METV is and I think maybe one other. Movies is a bit weaker too. I have no trouble with locks on any, but my old feedhorn & dish a pretty tired I sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts