How the RTV changes affected you...

How did the RTV - Tuff TV change affect your viewing habits?

• Watch more RTV / Tuff TV

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Watch about the same amount of RTV / Tuff TV

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Watch less RTV / Tuff TV

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Don't care...

Votes: 14 20.3%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
where did you get this quote from?

It was from the RTV Facebook site. (that is why I posted the Facebook link) RTV latter removed all the posts about this. I only wish I did a screen capture and not just a copy of the one line, as RTV has removed it all from their Facebook site now.

yeah, i just read here http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/213224-tuff-tv-now-83-0w-16.html that it was one of deeann's anti-masculine rants that prompted this remark from rtv.
that is a cardinal sin in my book, completely unforgivable.
she single handedly just about did more harm to this hobby and to all of us that have helped her with it than anyone i have ever encountered. (and we are not out of the water yet, they may still encrypt)
i would be more understanding of it if it was an honest mistake, but it wasn't, it was a situation where she didn't like the change, so she attempted to ruin it for everyone.
I FOR ONE WILL BE DAMNED IF I GIVE HER A SINGLE BIT OF ADVICE OR HELP WITH ANY ISSUE SHE MAY HAVE FROM THIS DAY FORTH.
i'm a bit riled up right now and have a lot more that i would like to say, but it would accomplish nothing and the damage is already done.
sorry to rant,
Denny

ps. im liking tuff tv!!
definitely watching more :)

yeah, i just read here http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/213224-tuff-tv-now-83-0w-16.html that it was one of deeann's anti-masculine rants that prompted this remark from rtv.
that is a cardinal sin in my book, completely unforgivable.
she single handedly just about did more harm to this hobby and to all of us that have helped her with it than anyone i have ever encountered. (and we are not out of the water yet, they may still encrypt)
i would be more understanding of it if it was an honest mistake, but it wasn't, it was a situation where she didn't like the change, so she attempted to ruin it for everyone.
I FOR ONE WILL BE DAMNED IF I GIVE HER A SINGLE BIT OF ADVICE OR HELP WITH ANY ISSUE SHE MAY HAVE FROM THIS DAY FORTH.
i'm a bit riled up right now and have a lot more that i would like to say, but it would accomplish nothing and the damage is already done.
sorry to rant,
Denny

ps. im liking tuff tv!!
definitely watching more :)

I can tell you about a group of guys that makes that look like baby's play. What these guys insist on doing WILL kill this hobby, its just a matter of time. They already managed to get some high profile NASCAR feeds scrambled for us...:rant:

I can tell you about a group of guys that makes that look like baby's play. What these guys insist on doing WILL kill this hobby, its just a matter of time. They already managed to get some high profile NASCAR feeds scrambled for us...:rant:

Yeah...

I do glance at that place though because I'm not accepted here yet! :eek:

By now, probably most people who watch RTV from 83ºW Ku band know the RTV West feed was replaced by Tuff TV.

After this change, it seems like people may have been affected somehow. How were you affected?

IT SURE GAVE ME BAD FEELINGS ABOUT A RANTING AND RAVING GAL FROM TEXAS WHO SAYS THAT SHE WILL MOVE TO EUROPE!!!... :eek:

YOU GO GIRL!!! :rant:

JUST A LITTLE "TUFF" (tv) LOVE FOR DEE! ;)

I thought she was headed to Australia? Oh well some people must have been dropped on their head as a child lol. I enjoy RTV and Tuff TV myself....Blind

Why encourage the fussing and drama?

IMO, the less said about poor behavior the better.

Probably so, but it's fun to read..And frankly, she had it coming to her..

As far as RTV/Tuff, I watch about the same amount, though my wife occasionally watched the 9PM ET feed of The Incredible Hulk on RTV West, If she forgot to DVR it on our local channel at 6PM

I liked the west ku feed for when the 10' dish was in use elsewhere for convenience. But now I have TUFF on ku, so it equals out.

Otherwise, I have the local OTA RTV channel and east feeds which are the same most of the time anyway. If it something I really like I record it as to not miss it.

Miss that west feed, and the picture quality! But it is nice to have more OffBeat cinema, lol.
Maybe they will fix the quality back to where it used to be. I had just started watching RTV about two weeks before they dropped the west feed-was just getting used to it again. I still watch, but only late at night, like 11pm and later.

Watch less due to problems using the visionsat receiver. Doesn't always lock on to the picture, voice is fine. Once I can get the picture, it seems to be skipping frames. Hopefully there will be improvements in the future.

Before the switch, I was able to pull in a decent picture with a .95cm antenna. Now, since they reconfigured their encoder parameters, I get constant blocking and pixelation. Time to break out the 1.8m antenna! BTW, on my 2.4m - picture and signal are great.

My well aged 10foot C/ku band dish is unable to pick up the ku-band signal from AMC9.

Could someone please send me the location of the C-band sat that has RTV? I miss it a bunch!

I need my A team, and Wolfman Mac's Chiller drive in theater. I can get RTV locally and have been watching it from there, but the channel has been replacing the shows with the durham bulls baseball. Uggg. Not only baseball, but really bad baseball.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)