How to aim SWM 5 lnb slimline dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

destarr

Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Getting ready to upgrade my vacation home dish to a 5 lnb swm (slimline) setup. Currently I have a single lnb setup (round dish) that only got non-hd channels and no local. It took me about 20 minutes to setup the first dish, aiming it using the recommended settings from the reciever, a compass, and the reciever to measure the strength.

I understand that I will not be able to do the same process for this new dish, darn:confused:. But what I don't understand is how else I am supposed to do it. If I need to get a signal meter, I will. I have never used one before and would need some help knowing which economical (aka cheap) model I should get to set up this single dish. If I can do it without using a meter, I will need some help knowing what steps to follow to setup my dish and recievers.

The receivers will be a HR23-700 and a h21-100. The dish includes a PI-21 power inverter and a sws-8 SWiM splitter (this is off the e-bay description, don't take this as I know what I am talking about).

Thanks for the help in advance.

You can do it without a meter, it just take patience and time. The dish points at the same satellite that the one you have now does, but you have to set the skew and elevation for different numbers. You still use the meters in the receiver/dvr, but because you are trying to get 5 satellites, it is trickier.

If you currently have an 18" round then you won't really need to worry about 2 of the 5 sats the swm 5 brings in.
Just peak it out on the 101 then teak out the 99 and 103.
Don't worry about the 110 and 119 (although they will probably fall in place).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts