How to align cband dish is south fl

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

qwerty81

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
Just got a stationary c-band dish. Was wondering is aligning on digital signal the best way for now since there is not to many analog signal.

if you have the stationary dish you should be able to get the angle from the center panel on the dish or from the back ring connected to the dish ( you would have to subtract that reading). once you get thes angles you can mark your expansion pole

Ok, subtract that reading from what? Also I have a BSC621 regular non universal LNB I was looking for the setup, I dont believe this one has a diseq switch in it how is that setup?

i can't remember lol
ok here are some examples
if you set the angle finder on the "center panel" round part in the center of the dish
you might get a angle reading of 43 degrees
if you set it on the back you might get a reading of 223 so you would have to subtract 180 degrees to get the correct angle.

if you run two coax setup is normal
if you run one coax Setting your receiver 22KHz to “0” will give you C-band, and setting
your receiver 22KHz to “22KHz” will give you Ku-band.

What type LNB do I choose for cband: Single SL Single sh Standard and if standard do i leave freq at 5150?

Lak7
which satis the best to start with ? I also have an analog receiver would this be easier?

Right now more then anything, I'd like to get a feel for algning the puppy up. In the future I want to use this for wildfeeds sports. So for now any cband would be a great starting point.

Don't forget to properly skew the LNB. Look at the top of the Web Page for the tab "The List", this will list current active TPs.

Try AMC 3 @ 87 west, not much regular viewing, but there should be a car race there later. I know the HD feeds are already up. Do you have an HD receiver? Most Sports on C Band are now HD, not much SD left.

your setup is different than most as most usually have a motor that moves the dish
you will manually have to move the dish set the elevation and skew for each satellite you want to view.

after you hit your first satellite and get used to aligning the dish , i would mark the adjustment arm with satellite names or elevation marks so you will know where they are in the future. also you can cut a round circle ( or cut a hole in a piece of plywood and set the dish base inside it) out of plywood and mark it with your satellite directions much like a compass. this would make it easier in the future to make a transition from one satellite to another. and also remember the skew for each satellite.

if you prefer to keep the dish stationary ( pointed at only one satellite you wouldn't need anything like listed above)

I beleive that my issue is more on finding the correct elevation. I am using an angle finder from Home depot I place it on the center circle and use that fo elevation. I THINK THIS IS WRONG!!! Earier someone spoke of the backside reading a # inthe 200,s but my angle viewer only goes to 90 degrees. HELP!!!!

Justrealized that KU offset is SOOOOOOOOOO much easier then C-band but now that I have started I cant quit. OK found some 99 cband but I believe that the scaler ring is off due to the crappy signal Iam getting. Where do I measure to find out if Im not centered? Anybody have this dish with same scaler ring I want to see if my arm are in the correct position.

Wait until you try for Ku on the Big Dish.
What Sat did you get?
Measure from the Rim of the Dish to the Scalar Ring, in 3 palces, like 12, 4, 8 o'clock.
The 3 measurements must be exact.
Make sure to Skew the LNB properly for the Sat you are aiming for. Every time you move the dish to a different Sat, you will need to re-adjust the Skew.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts