How to and anything new with caller Id?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ageism

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Just got caller Id and looking through other posts I know there is a problem with Directv's caller id. I was wondering if there is anything new on a fix for this. Yes, a receiver reset will fix it for a few days or less but I still hope they care enough to fix their problem. Though I doubt it. Anything new please let me know. Also, is there a way to delete all calls on the log at one time? Thanks guys for any info you may know. I have two hr24/500.

Last edited:
Just got caller Id and looking through other posts I know there is a problem with Directv's caller id. I was wondering if there is anything new on a fix for this. Yes, a receiver reset will fix it for a few days or less but I still hope they care enough to fix their problem. Though I doubt it. Anything new please let me know. Also, is there a way to delete all calls on the log at one time? Thanks guys for any info you may know. I have two hr24/500.

There is a thing or two,

The model number....HR24 designates a high definition recorder / the 500 is a manufacturer designation. There may be some known issues with the 500 manufacturer. Their names are not a secret but I don't have one. It could be a problem with just your equipment; manufacturer defect.

The other things are from the phone side. IS your Directv system grounded? There have been caller ID problems where the system was not grounded during installation and the caller ID would fail. This seemed to be rare and related to only certain manufacturers. Don't know if it has been seen recently. There should be a ground block and a green wire going to the ground rod for your electric system.

And how are your other phones? Are there any other phones with a caller ID feature? See if your Directv caller ID works better after disconnecting any other phone with that feature. Got any fax machines on the same line / phone number? Any noise on the line This would be static just after you pick up the headset. How about DSL internet?...unplug the modem and see if things get better.

Good luck,

Joe

If you have DSL try adding a second filter in the phone line to the receiver. My receiver is a HR22
As to your second question on bulk deleting the log.... I think the answer is NO.

If you have DSL try adding a second filter in the phone line to the receiver. My receiver is a HR22
As to your second question on bulk deleting the log.... I think the answer is NO.

Forgot about the filters.......a rare occurrence = defective filter. Adding second filter will cure this. They don't seem to fail completely.

Joe

I know this will make a few people angry, but I think Caller ID on the TV is way overrated.
The last thing I want to do is have to reach for the remote to dismiss the CID that shows up on the screen.
I have a cordless handset within arms reach that shows the CID just fine.

jdspencer said:
I know this will make a few people angry, but I think Caller ID on the TV is way overrated.

I actually like seeing who is calling on the TV screen but it is not that big of a deal for me. With the number of folks abandoning land lines, this is quickly becoming an irrelevant feature on the receivers so I wouldn't expect there to be much more development or fixes on the caller ID feature.

This caller ID problem is very strange. When I first hooked it up it worked great for months. Then it just stopped working. I figured out that a reset would get it back for a while. Now it has gone back to working great Makes it very hard to diagnose the problem. And by the way, the notification goes away on its own in a few seconds, you dont have to respond to it. I have a HR24-500.

100 - Technicolor (Thomsen/RCA)
200 - Samsung
250 - TiVo (inactive)
300 - Philips (now Pace)
400 - Hughes (inactive)
500 - Humax
600 - LG
700 - Pace
800 - Nec

deus ex machina!

Surprised Samsung is still in the mix...........their earliest SD boxes were real buggy and hard to activate. The kids didn't like the games. (History)

Joe

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts