How to change locals in RV?

yachtjockey

Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Florida
Hello, Im new to this forum and to Dish Network. I have a RV and currently in Utah. Im using an in motion King Controls dish with 2 211K receivers. I recently attempted to have my local access channels changed from my billing address in Fla to where we are in Utah. I was told by DN that it wasnt possible to do this since we are in an RV. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance..

Get an RV waiver and mail it to Dish network and you should qualify for Nationals with an RV. You can have Dish mail you the waiver. Or keep calling back until you get a CSR who will move your address to Utah.

Dish cannot sell distants so a RV waiver will do no good

All American Direct is what the OP wants. They can do RC setups

Or just don't tell them it's an RV, tell them it's a "temporary job assignment" or some such, i.e. "move" your service address. Of course, if they have already notated your account as RV, it may be too late for this approach.

Hello, Im new to this forum and to Dish Network. I have a RV and currently in Utah. Im using an in motion King Controls dish with 2 211K receivers. I recently attempted to have my local access channels changed from my billing address in Fla to where we are in Utah. I was told by DN that it wasnt possible to do this since we are in an RV. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance..

Are we sure he wants a one time change, or new locals each time he moves the RV?

Doesn't matter - if he wants the "real" locals in whichever DMA he's in, he has NO choice but to call each time he moves the RV to a new area. He should NOT even tell them it's an RV, but just tell them he's moving to a "vacation home".
If he wants CONUS nets, then he must utilitze AAD w/the RV waiver.

drop them

Thanks guys, looks like I have to pay Distant Networks $15/ month to get East and West Coast Network feeds...what a scam...

drop them when you get home for $5. I'd have told them you are being move around for a time for work purposes. Then Billing address can stay the same and service address moves when you go to the new location. Thing is how long is the vaca you are going to be on? If it's for 2 wks then not worth the bother just get the 15 for the AAD for a month then drop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)