How to change locals?

ironleg

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 17, 2004
I have the locals in Tulsa & want to change to Oklahoma City as they are HD there. I live in southeast Oklahoma I am 130 mikes from Tulsa & 165 miles from OKC.

Thank for any help

Mister Long's site will only allow you to link from pre-approved websites one of which Satelliteguys is not.

I know, but the link seems to work for me. Just in case go to

The Echostar Knowledge Base on DBSTalk

and click on the individual maps of 110 and 119 and then select tid 53 and downlink 3 s 9 to get the view of the spotbeam map. Should be ok as long as your not in the far southeast corner around Broken Bow or Idabel in McCurtain County you will probably be ok.

Yeah like Digi said check the signal on the transponders.

What is on SAT 110 TP31s26?

I get a ss of 43-44, but I can't find anything in the Echostar Knowledge Base for that spot.

Newbie here

I am have 'moved' from San Antonio, TX to Miami, FL.

My account reflects the changes and I can receive all national channels. When it comes to my new local channels, I can see the channel info for 2-3 sec, then it gives me error message 2 (lost satellite signal).

I have done a switch check and I am getting reception from 110, 119, 121, or so it seems.

I don't know what a spot beam is or much else for that matter. Go easy on a novice... :) I looked at Jameslong stuff and it scared the sh*t out of me. I can't read any of it.

What do I need to do to get the local Miami Channels?

Thanks for your help in advance

I am have 'moved' from San Antonio, TX to Miami, FL.

My account reflects the changes and I can receive all national channels. When it comes to my new local channels, I can see the channel info for 2-3 sec, then it gives me error message 2 (lost satellite signal).

I have done a switch check and I am getting reception from 110, 119, 121, or so it seems.

I don't know what a spot beam is or much else for that matter. Go easy on a novice... :) I looked at Jameslong stuff and it scared the sh*t out of me. I can't read any of it.

What do I need to do to get the local Miami Channels?

Thanks for your help in advance

You'll have to find some that are nationals when you are "jumping" that far. You looking for SD and/or HD?

SD is fine. All I want is to see the Miami Dolphins... I know they are 0-13 and will probably end the season 1-15 (if we are lucky), but I can't stand the Cowboys and I am not too interested in seeing Arizona play Cleveland....

Do I have to do anything to my actual dish or it is all in what Dishnetwork has on record?

For example, if I moved to Chicago on 129 would I get those locals?

Thank you guys

SD is fine. All I want is to see the Miami Dolphins... I know they are 0-13 and will probably end the season 1-15 (if we are lucky), but I can't stand the Cowboys and I am not too interested in seeing Arizona play Cleveland....

Do I have to do anything to my actual dish or it is all in what Dishnetwork has on record?

For example, if I moved to Chicago on 129 would I get those locals?

Thank you guys

Do some digging around on DishChannelChart.com. I believe the only SD's nationally are NY, Denver, and Chicago on 110/119. Of course everything on 129 is available to anyone that get the signal since it isn't a spotbeam bird.

So I can get local channels from NYC, DEN and Chicago? Sorry to be so dense...

I checked out DishChannelChart.com. and so every channel that is not on a spotbeam I can get? Like 22 for Denver?

So I can get local channels from NYC, DEN and Chicago? Sorry to be so dense...

I checked out DishChannelChart.com. and so every channel that is not on a spotbeam I can get? Like 22 for Denver?

You can receive the signal yes... It's between you and DishNetwork's system if they will activate them for you.

LA Chicago, Denver, Nashville Minneapolis, Atlanta, Salt Lake City and Kansas City are all on CONUS on 129.

NYC, Boston, Philadelphia and Washington DC are Conus on 61.5

You could move to any one of those cities and get HD locals.

Is the CW network out of Miami available to everybody? It seems as though I've heard that rumor in the past... (I know it wouldn't show the Dolphins but I'm just curious).

I'm asking because a few years ago (the year they won the World Series), I moved to Miami so I would be able to watch the Marlins (I'm a pretty big fan of the Marlins but it really kicks in when they are competitive) and again the year they started terrible but finished one game out of the Wild Card (when Joe Girardi was the coach). I obviously couldn't get anything in regards to FOX, CBS, etc (even though it was on the program guide) but recently (about a year ago) had changed things around and, before moving back to my original market, noticed that the CW from Miami was coming in perfectly.

Can you get that network by simply requesting it? I've heard it's (and the San Diego CW) available to other markets (outside of Miami) but I've never saw a map of what areas can request / receive it.

Cade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)