Cannot retrieve DVR program

mlangbau

Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
I recorded something last night. DVR says there is 3:23 of recording but when I click on start, it immediately goes to the end of the recording and I get the screen that has "play over" as one of the requests. DISH says there is a problem with receiver and it needs to be replaced.
Two questions:

1.Are there any tricks possible that will help me retrieve this program before I send the box back?

2. Can I get the other recorded things off the DVR to something like a computer before I send it back.

Model 625.

Thanks

if you are tech inclined enough to connect the drive to a computer you could run the drive manufacturer's diagnostics utility and see if it repairs any errors.

Tried that but it did not work.

Any way to get the other stuff that I can still access off the DVR and onto my Macbook before DISH switches it out for me?

Thanks

Unlike my DISH receiver, my Macs always work!!!

Having said that....is there a way to get the recorded stuff onto the Macbook?

Unlike my DISH receiver, my Macs always work!!!

Having said that....is there a way to get the recorded stuff onto the Macbook?

It's doubtful that you can archive the programs onto your MacBook unless you can find a USB Video editing box which works with the Mac. Then you would connect the RCA jacks (Red, White & Yellow) to the box and import the video that way. You would not be able to then take the stuff off of your MacBook and put it back onto the new Dish receiver however.

Your best bet is to hook up your Dish receiver to a DVD recorder (you can now find them for about $100 or less) and burn your recorded programs to DVD. Dish's newer boxes (the 622 & 722) allow you to transfer your programs onto an external hard drive, which in turn you could either watch off of the EHD or transfer to your new 622 or 722 box. However, that won't help you in your current situation. I'm sorry I didn't have better news for you.

How about running it through a digital video camera as the go-between, and into the computer that way? From your description, that might do it!!

I recorded something last night. DVR says there is 3:23 of recording but when I click on start, it immediately goes to the end of the recording and I get the screen that has "play over" as one of the requests. DISH says there is a problem with receiver and it needs to be replaced.
Two questions:

1.Are there any tricks possible that will help me retrieve this program before I send the box back?

2. Can I get the other recorded things off the DVR to something like a computer before I send it back.

Model 625.

Thanks

Mine has did that several times. I press rewind till the beginning and I press play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts