how to change the V code?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wa1mtz

Original poster
Jan 19, 2020
w.mass
I have a virgin shaw 830 pvr, the only channel that sows a signal is 212, firmware version is 64.29, in options, system status, signal is 64 max, on the 'bars' it jumps up & down 0-28. I even hooked it up to my 6' dish, signal no better than the 75cm with the xku lnb, analoue signal meter sez I'm on the satt, my old 921 rcvr sez it is peaked on it too, (it shows 74). I'm in the east, the next satt to my left 99 or 100 shows 95 signal on the old 921, analogue meter reads 100, analogue reads 60 on f1. am I on the edge of the footprint or is my 830 rcvr not up to snuff? anyone have any ideas? thanks much

you can temporarily change it so you can get a channel to work by hitting options 1122, choose the 1st choice. should be 4321, then change channel to 002 you should get a signal then you can call Shawdirect to activate it. once activated it will change to 4378, it will say loading, wait until it finishes before changing channels.
After that it will want to dl a new firmware. you can do it manually or wait it should do it automatically in the early morning (2 or 3am)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)