How to connect 2nd TV, same channel reception

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fraz55

Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
South Florida
I had an older flat-screen TV in the basement. It was connected as a 2nd TV and I could watch programs down there by using the remote that came with my satellite box. I just had to be sure the box upstairs was turned on. I just replaced the basement TV with a newer, 32" TV and have hooked it up the same way as the older TV, but I get no picture-- only snow. What the heck am I doing wrong?

Connected with coax to the antenna port? Make sure it's on the same channel and cable/air setting as the old TV.

I don't know what kind of cable it's connected to. But will check the settings. Thanks.
Ok....This may look like I am patronizing you. Please do not look at it that way.
We're gonna have a little fun.
Now, take the old tv and reconnect it EXACTLY the way it was before you installed the new tv..
Turn it on. Now, with the number 2 dishnetwork remote, change channels....
Satellite channels..NOTE THE CHANNEL THAT YOUR TV is set to for viewing satellite TV......

Now disconnect the old tv, unplug it.
PLace the new tv plug it in to the electrical socket.
Now the take the TV CABLE that was connected to the old tv and connect it to the threaded connector on the NEW TV........Ok...
Go into the menu of the NEW TV..Not the satellite menu..
go to the setup menu.. FInd a selection that says "channel" or "signal type"....Now remember that channel the old tv was set for viewing satelite? If it was above ch 69 set the new tv signal type to CABLE....If it was below ch69 set the tv signal type to AIR/ UHF VHF or Antenna. These are all the same...
Select scan or search......the TV will find the proper input channel..
You should be all set.
Post back with your results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts