How to connect?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

priester68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Natchez, MS
I'm finally getting internet at my house after 2 years of wifi'ng off my brother(neighbor). So my wireless AT&T modem will be installed right nest to my 722k so I guess a straight ethernet cable will hook that together, but what about my vip222 which is across the house in my bedroom? The wife won't go for a cable down the hall so is there some wireless gadget I can hook into the back of it? Thanks for any suggestions.

for the box in a different room you can order a slinglink which will use the elect wiring in the home to stream the net to the vip boxes, CS may comp u on it, if not be prepared to couch up about 50 but since they want all subs connected via broadband i'm sure they will send u it for free

Before messing with the "Sling Link" try "Dish Com" It's built into all the VIP series, and as long as both electric outlets are on the same leg of the breaker panel they will be able to communicate with each other. IIRC Menu 6-1-8

No, this is not correct. :rant: Dishcomm only shares phone connections, as previously stated:eek:
Dish Com Links the two receivers together. If one is connected (regardless whether it's by phone, or broadband) they are both connected, and able to send data to the Dish servers.

Dish Com Links the two receivers together. If one is connected (regardless whether it's by phone, or broadband) they are both connected, and able to send data to the Dish servers.

That may or may not be true but since you cannot us the broadband connection over dishcom for dishonline downloads that means dishcom does NOT share an internet connection,

That may or may not be true but since you cannot us the broadband connection over dishcom for dishonline downloads that means dishcom does NOT share an internet connection,

The OP states that the second receiver is a VIP 222, which is NOT a dvr. Thus, it has no Dishonline download capability. Hence, the Dishcom connection is sufficient.

Run an ethernet cable along the baseboards around the room to the 722. Plug the 722 power cord directly into the wall (not into a surge protector). Plug the other receivers into the wall. Go into broadband setup on the 722 and make sure it is connected to internet, if not, reset connection. Go to DishComm setup. Scan. Do this on all receivers. The 722 will share the broadband with the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)