Please reply by conversation.

shankle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
florida
Thanks for any help.
I've had to use the Solomed-editor.
Without a write up on the editor it is impossible to do.
Also when you do it only once a year it is hard to remember.
Surely there is some easier way to enter these items on the
Openbox.

Hi Fat Air,
Thanks for the very informative article by Phottoman.
However there is another problem.
My modus operendi when I go to a new bird I have not been on for a while is to delete all the tps but one. This of course wipes out the CW settings (I think).
Not sure what to do about it.

I do that occasionally, But I usually scroll thru the TP list, and only delete the TP's that show 0 (Zero) Q , That will leave all settings and channels that are active 24/7.

Hi Fat Air,
As a example the bird at 91 degrees. Has many tps showing 80, 70.
The others show 43, 5. Nothing with a Q of zero.
That means I should delete all tps showing 43, 5 correct?
Having done that, now what happens if I rescan the same bird?
Do I get duplicates?

If you rescan and they are live tp's they will store again. If you wipe out the CW you'll have to enter manually using the editor too. I just deleted a bunch of dead ones in mine..Blind

Yep, , only leave the ones with 40+ Q. (forgot that the Openbox never shows 0) Shouldn't have a problem with duplicates when rescanning, I haven't. Although, if you rename a channel, it will either overwrite it, or get a duplicate, depending on method used to rename a channel.

In the editor change the service ID? I think it's called..it's located below the channel name in the editor. Change to "zero" on each channel that you don't want to lose the name you've chosen. I did it on every Tv channel in mine and its a long process for all the channels to be manually edited. When you scan again you may get duplicates of the channels but they can easily be deleted...Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts