Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Hey guy's,
I was looking thru the phone book and found a bunch of listing for D*, I was trying to find a local contractor, but everything listed is a 800 number....
I have see 3-4 DISH contractors, but non of them do D*.
I'm in the Toledo, Ohio area.
I did call one of the 800 numbers and found a lady in PA., I don't think that she will be comming out to do the install, a state away....

Any advice, is there a data base for what cities are assigned to what contractors ?

I was hoping to find a local location so that I could physically look at the AT-9 and see just how it mounts to a pole and had some other things I wanted to inquire about as well.

Jimbo

the a9 comes with instructions. it is not that difficult to install. get a accutrac 2 meter. you will find the install will come alone just fine.:hatsoff:

damaged said:
Maybe something from here (enter your zip and select a distance) might have an AT9 on the premises:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/findRetailer.jsp?assetId=1200029
Thanks for the link damaged,
I used the lookup and found 99% were the BB, CC and Wally 'as of the world, a few out of town ones that I don't know much about...
I will be going by one on the way to the lake tommorow morning, I might look into it then.

Theres a big Car Show up at MIS (Michigan International Speedway) tommorow that I plan to go to and then to the cottage 5 minutes away.

Jimbo

posh1943 said:
the a9 comes with instructions. it is not that difficult to install. get a accutrac 2 meter. you will find the install will come alone just fine.:hatsoff:
I may try to install it myself I haven't decided yet.
If I install, I will have to buy the dish, last look it was a hundred dollars, if I call D* to install it may be free, all I'll need to put out is the $ 50. for the pole and concrete.
15 foot of Black pipe x 2" od ought to withstand any weather we get.
Black is cheaper than Galvanized I have found and I need as thick as I can find seeing it's about 15 or so feet.

I have installed every other dish I have owned all the way back to the beginning of time. (except for the C-band)

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
I may try to install it myself I haven't decided yet.
If I install, I will have to buy the dish, last look it was a hundred dollars, if I call D* to install it may be free, all I'll need to put out is the $ 50. for the pole and concrete.
15 foot of Black pipe x 2" od ought to withstand any weather we get.
Black is cheaper than Galvanized I have found and I need as thick as I can find seeing it's about 15 or so feet.

I have installed every other dish I have owned all the way back to the beginning of time. (except for the C-band)

Jimbo
you are right in saying black pipe is cheaper than galvanized but black iron will definitely rust, so i would strongly recommend a coat of paint after sanding and cleaning

stevesmall said:
you are right in saying black pipe is cheaper than galvanized but black iron will definitely rust, so i would strongly recommend a coat of paint after sanding and cleaning
So which is more reliable (over all) I hadn't considered rust
Galvinized or Black pipe....
Regardless it will be in the ground 2-3 ft and be about 15-18 feet high and as thick as I can find, and carry too...

Jimbo

Black iron is used commonly for compressed air and gas where galvanized is used primarily for water, so unpainted black iron will begin to rust pretty quickly outside, on the other hand galvanized will stay rust free longer but will eventually begin to rust after a number of years. Typically when you buy pipe from an industrial pipe & valve supplier it comes in 21' sections and is available up to 3 or 4 in dismeter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)