How to find FTA installer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Holysmoke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Anyone know an installer in Jacksonville, Florida?

I would like FTA.

what channels would you like to get? Installing a dish isn't that difficult.

I know asking for a hack is a ban, I am not asking for a hack.

I just got a big shock. I called an installer in the yellow pages and he told me a total stranger how he can set me up with a full hacked system.

what an idiot. He will soon be in the slammer.

I am interested in the free legal channels without a hack. I would just like a motorized dish and receiver.

Holysmoke said:
I know asking for a hack is a ban, I am not asking for a hack.

I just got a big shock. I called an installer in the yellow pages and he told me a total stranger how he can set me up with a full hacked system.

what an idiot. He will soon be in the slammer.

I am interested in the free legal channels without a hack. I would just like a motorized dish and receiver.

How about naming and shaming the crook?

Sitting duck!

Dishonest installer selling hacked systems +

Honest customers +

Echostar =

sitting duck!

Holysmoke is right, that installer will have BIG PROBLEMS soon.

Call D* E*

maybe Call D* and E* there fraud and loss department prob would love the info( and maybe give you a reward. ) Even a call to the FBI would not hurt.

When I thought I needed an installer (before I actually figured out, er actually was told that I needed to aim at the right tp - Thanks Ice) the people that I called around here (Missouri) wouldn't touch an fta installation unless I lived near them (less than 50 miles out from their home base, which in some cases actually was a home based biz).

Lots and lots of dish and directv installers are out there, but few if any fta installers. Those dish and directv installers that I was in contact with sucked. They wouldn't or were very reluctant to return phone calls. I kind of suspect that fta installations are looked down upon in the industry since the installers and providers kind of suspect that fta is no good except for hackers... It's sad, but if you look around on the internet you'll find most of the forums and stuff (except this and a few others) all talk about hacking, cracking and junk and make it possible for people to get to hacking in no time flat. It's kinda hard to measure, but I think Piracy of Dish signals might actually be a worse problem in this nation than piracy of software nowadays... what's bad is that the people that steal don't care, and are typically not having the law come down on them at all so they think it's ok and keep it up, stealing more and more and more.... Really a bad situation. One hacker that I used to know said "I'll never pay for any piece of software ever again." That guy's main pirated junk was downloaded movies, which is basically the same junk as signal theft from dish as far as I'm concerned. It sucks and there's not much you can do about it. You can report it but probably 9 of 10 reported crimes don't get anything done about them...

You'd think as much as the Government is now spending on watching everyone (both legally and illegally) http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/06/06/20/1342211.shtml something would get done... but it's highly likely that ain't gonna happen. I used to report people all the time when I saw pirated software on ebay, etc. but you know, nothing ever really got done so like everyone else, I became a little noncaring about it anymore since there's nobody doing nothing about the problem on a large scale.

topcats69 said:
maybe Call D* and E* there fraud and loss department prob would love the info( and maybe give you a reward. ) Even a call to the FBI would not hurt.

How do you know the FBI do not read here on a regular basis ;)

I was actually hinting that the Federal Bureau of Investigation read this forum!

I KNOW this for a FACT!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts