How to get a hold of Customer Retention for new Subscriber

Status
Please reply by conversation.

actorguy1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
Mass.
I just tried calling the new subscriber phone number. The CSR wouldnt connect me to customer retention. He said they are only used for current subscribers who need help because they have credit card problems. They dont entice you to stay or become a service member. From what I have read here that is not the case. He wouldnt connect me so I said thank you and I hung up. Any better way to get a hold of customer retention? Thanks

You can't. Customer retention only deals with current customers. If you did get a hold of them, they wouldn't be of help because they cannot do anything to an account that has not been activated. They would transfer you back to CIS. Pay the money for the HD-DVR or don't. D* has made the decision (rightly or wrongly) that 199 for the unit is a fair price, and if you don't like it, they are not willing to sink more money into you. They can give you payments if you wish.

You can't. Customer retention only deals with current customers. If you did get a hold of them, they wouldn't be of help because they cannot do anything to an account that has not been activated. They would transfer you back to CIS. Pay the money for the HD-DVR or don't. D* has made the decision (rightly or wrongly) that 199 for the unit is a fair price, and if you don't like it, they are not willing to sink more money into you. They can give you payments if you wish.

Hence the name "Customer Retention" and not "Customer Acquisition". ;)

I understand all this. I have read at least one or two posts on this forum where they have advised getting a hold of customer retention and explaining to them that even though you are new to D* you cant decide if you want the service and could they possibly sweeten the deal.

I understand all this. I have read at least one or two posts on this forum where they have advised getting a hold of customer retention and explaining to them that even though you are new to D* you cant decide if you want the service and could they possibly sweeten the deal.

Bah...the deal is sweet enough as it is. You want them to just give you service for free or something?

Thanks I have seen that thread. I am not saying that their current offers are'nt fine. I, like all here have spent time researching what satellite has to offer. I feel, as long as I am fair and treat the CSR's well I can use that research I have done to possibly get a slightly better deal. Such as a second H20 (HD reciever) for free and have the HD serivce waived for 6 months. I will still probably sign up for D* it just thought I would at least try. No disrespect to other posters or CSR's or installers.

So, I never really got retention to pay me any attention to my request for a good deal. After the fourth go round with a normal CSR here is my deal:
Choice Package $44.99 a month
HD Access Fee $9.99 a month
Extra Reciever Lease fee $4.99 a month
1 Free HD Reciever $0
1 HD Reciever $99
$5 a month instant rebate for first 4 months
$50 Visa Gift Card
$100 mail in rebate
$200 mail in rebate for moving to a new home
Free Install
Free Shipping and Handling

Read the fine print on the $100 rebate form if it is offer#361-22 it states "LIMIT ONE CASH BACK OFFER PER DIRECTV ACCOUNT. THIS OFFER MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER CASH BACK OFFER" See if D* honors your promise in violation of their printed rules.

Thanks for the heads up. I just got off the phone with them. I managed to stay calm as I explained the situation of how the CSR wrongly offered me two cash rebates for the same account which is apparently a no no. They cancelled my old order and I apparently( untill I see it in writing I am not going to be 100% sure) now have the same order in with BOTH cash rebates attached. Phew...Hope this works out. That was a bit upseting, this is my first dealing with Direct TV.

Called back again today. The CSR had my account in the system for the wrong package and no extra rebate. Every time I talk to CS its a different story. I talked to a retention rep and all she said was that the original offer was made in error and that I would recieve the same deal as everyone else, which is unfortunate, but I guess I was expecting too much. I had read too many "Look at the great Deal I got" posts. Maybe Dish Network is better for me. I mostly want Satellite for HD selection and sports availablity second. With the package I want I think D* is slightly cheaper but if this is how it's going to go on for the rest of my service than it is not worth it.

Gee Thanks:p

Dont worry I am not giving up yet boba. Thanks for the encouragement:up:rolleyes:

I never thought I was better than anyone else. This was an experiment, plain and simple. I recognize D* as having superior product, in my eyes. I have also done copious amounts of research on the subject of D versus E. Most of this research came from this forum. In the course of that research I came across a few threads of fellow members claiming amazing deals were to be had with a little perserverance and patience.
I decided, that I would attempt such a tactic to gain a superior deal. I had done my research and I believe that knowledge is power. I had nothing to loose and everything to gain. In the end the quest was a bit of a setback. I still realize that D* is still a superior product despite my missgivings that I posted on Saturday. It was purely an emotional reaction and without much merit.

I am and will be a loyal customer. That does not mean I will not attempt in the future to see what offers are out there. I will continue to do my reasearch and wield my knowledge for my and my loved one's own good.
Thank you.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)