How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thats what th CSR said as a AAA member!

Well whoever calls now will have to remember to ask this one too:)

I still hope you can register online and copy your online account codes here to share with us, so we know what is exactly this first month free look like on the line items.

I can't say this often enough, just because the sale rep told you so does not mean you got it. You need to verify online before installation so if anything is missing you still can correct it. Once installed you are stuck.

Thats what th CSR said as a AAA member!

That'd be nice if you get it. My rep said he hasn't gotten AAA codes to work all day, the one I gave him was the 1st one that worked. (Southern Cali). Have you registered at D* website? If so, lets see it.

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to make sure this looked good to you guys. The CSR says she'll give me the
  1. Online Offer for $10off/month for 1 year
  2. AAA Discount
  3. Referral Discount
  4. $50 Visa Debit Card
I see that the B629/020 is the AAA discount and the Referral and $50 debit card doesn't show up. Do I just call back and double check that I have those two? Are there any other deals that I missed out on? Its a same I missed out on the $20off/month deal.

BTW...what code is for the Online Offer for $10off/month for 1 year?

PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001
$0.00 1 $0.00

HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001
$0.00 1 $0.00

DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK 3 Months Free P6688/5
$0.00 1 $0.00

DVR Service
$0.00 1 $0.00

DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish
$0.00 1 $0.00

DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)
$0.00 1 $0.00

Standard Professional Install
$0.00 1 $0.00

Standard IRD
$0.00 1 $0.00

1 Year Free Showtime
$0.00 1 $0.00

HBO
$0.00 1 $0.00

STARZ!
$0.00 1 $0.00

SHOWTIME
$0.00 1 $0.00

Cinemax
$0.00 1 $0.00

B6291/020
$0.00 1 $0.00

Handling
$19.95 1 $19.95

Last edited:
Hey Guys,
I just wanted to make sure this looked good to you guys. The CSR says she'll give me the
  1. Online Offer for $10off/month for 1 year
  2. AAA Discount
  3. Referral Discount
  4. $50 Visa Debit Card
I see that the B629/020 is the AAA discount and the Referral and $50 debit card doesn't show up. Do I just call back and double check that I have those two? Are there any other deals that I missed out on? Its a same I missed out on the $20off/month deal.

BTW...what code is for the Online Offer for $10off/month for 1 year?

PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001
$0.00 1 $0.00

$0.00 1 $0.00

DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK 3 Months Free P6688/5
$0.00 1 $0.00

DVR Service
$0.00 1 $0.00

$0.00 1 $0.00

DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)
$0.00 1 $0.00

$0.00 1 $0.00

Standard IRD
$0.00 1 $0.00

1 Year Free Showtime
$0.00 1 $0.00

HBO
$0.00 1 $0.00

STARZ!
$0.00 1 $0.00

SHOWTIME
$0.00 1 $0.00

Cinemax
$0.00 1 $0.00

B6291/020
$0.00 1 $0.00

Handling
$19.95 1 $19.95
The $10 off 12months national promotion should be in the header. It was something like this: " Welcome to DIRECTV _2007 Q4 Offer" about a month ago.

I did not see my referral information until a couple of weeks after the install. D* e-mailed me a notice thanking me for using the referral program and stated that I would recieve the $10 off for 5 months.

I didn't out for the autopay, thus can't help with that.

Depending on your install date, you might give it a day or two to post to the online account. It seemed like my order took a couple of days to post correctly. Calling D* is almost worthless with respect to confirming promotions on an order.

The $10 off 12months national promotion should be in the header. It was something like this: " Welcome to DIRECTV _2007 Q4 Offer" about a month ago.

I did not see my referral information until a couple of weeks after the install. D* e-mailed me a notice thanking me for using the referral program and stated that I would recieve the $10 off for 5 months.

I didn't out for the autopay, thus can't help with that.

Depending on your install date, you might give it a day or two to post to the online account. It seemed like my order took a couple of days to post correctly. Calling D* is almost worthless with respect to confirming promotions on an order.

Since I don't see that in the header will I not be able to get that promo? I tried going to the rebate site and it said I was not eligible for the rebate at this time. When I called customer service, they said it was because the installers have not come yet and I was not activated. How can I be sure I have this rebate before the installers come? They're coming on Monday. I just ordered Directv yesterday.

Since I don't see that in the header will I not be able to get that promo? I tried going to the rebate site and it said I was not eligible for the rebate at this time. When I called customer service, they said it was because the installers have not come yet and I was not activated. How can I be sure I have this rebate before the installers come? They're coming on Monday. I just ordered Directv yesterday.
I don't really have an answer about the lack of a header. Maybe you should wait another day or two for everything to post. If you are not satisfies by the end of the week, cancel the install & order, then try ordering again.

My online rebate was not available until after the install.

It is a good bet you will get the $10x12 deal since this is a standard rebate offer nationwide, there may not be a header for it. I would proceed with install, but check closely with the rebate center, if you don't see it soon, call D* retention department.

The 2007 Q4 is a special $20x12 deal that has a header, but you knew you did not get it.

Thanks. So if I call them, should they be able to verify my referral discount and the $50 visa debit card?

Thanks. So if I call them, should they be able to verify my referral discount and the $50 visa debit card?

They can pull up your referral info if you call, but I don't know if the autopay $50 can be verified or not. Supposedly if you stay with autopay for at least 60 days you should get the $50 in the following month or next, but no one has reported getting it yet partly because none of our accounts are more than 60 days yet.

I also have one person told me he first ordered D* through Verizon bundling deal, after seeing my thread called again was able to add all the AAA benefits on top of his Verizon order. Not confirmed yet but if true he will have the best deal ever!

Should be no problem, just call the special number earlier in the thread and give them the first 6 numbers from your AAA membership. I think it is sent to you after your insurance is started.

So just call the 1-800-242-9114 and tell them I just got AAA?
Is that the correct #?

So just call the 1-800-242-9114 and tell them I just got AAA?
Is that the correct #?
800-242-9114......tell them about AAA, referral, and any other discounts that you are interested in.

AAA insurance is not a requirement.

Okay, guys. I'm ready to pull the trigger on this. But, who are you "referring" to get the referral discount? I don't know anyone else who wants this deal.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind. I read the sticky!

Last edited:
Okay, guys. I'm ready to pull the trigger on this. But, who are you "referring" to get the referral discount? I don't know anyone else who wants this deal.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind. I read the sticky!

While I certainly welcome anyone who PMs Scott to get referral from the staff per the sticky, I don't think Scott would mind if people PM a few of us in this topic that are non-staff members who spent a lot of time to make this deal known to everyone, and continue to provide more and better info along the way.

You should feel free to PM us for referral too:)

Again I don't want to take away the importance of supporting the staff, they do put a lot of effort and time to make this whole board available to us, which was why I decided to contribute and support this site, even though I am not a staff. But if people also give the non-staff members here who make effort to answer questions and add better deals to it a chance for some reward also it wouldn't hurt.

A good example is since it was lxngtnguy who brought us the 2x$99 HDDVR deal, if you benefited from that it makes sense to PM him and give him the first shot at a referral benefit. Member linder7 also regularly helps out here too. My point is if we encourage people who already got the deal to come back and offer more info or help, the deal will only get better over time, it is a win win for all.

Last edited:
Your first line item is the $20 off deal, the B6291/020 line is the AAA deal. They did not add free showtime for one obviously because you have the premier pack.

So you are good to go. The referral will not show but you can easily call to confirm, they should be able to pull up the info on you account.

Folks that is why I asked you to register online to verify all the items are in there before installation, if any of them do not check out, you still have a chance to cancel and order again.

Read my posts carefully, a little more patience will save you a lot of pain later:)

thanks for this
my Account shows:
Welcome to DIRECTV _2007 Q4 Offer 047 B5712/47 1 Free
CHOICE XTRA P000006355000000001 1
B6291/020
DIRECTV HD Rec. (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)
DIRECTV Satellite Dish
Standard IRD
Standard IRD
$0 Delivery & Handling
HBO
STARZ!
SHOWTIME
Cinemax

Whew glad to see i got both the AAA and the $20 don't see the referal, but they said they gave it to me,,
the guy wouldn't give me the showtime(1 yr) with the AAA/and $20 off fer a year deal

Thanks my install is monday morning I was hoping to confirm my deal before then!!!!:D

thanks for this
my Account shows:

Whew glad to see i got both the AAA and the $20 don't see the referal, but they said they gave it to me,,
the guy wouldn't give me the showtime(1 yr) with the AAA/and $20 off fer a year deal

Thanks my install is monday morning I was hoping to confirm my deal before then!!!!:D

You have everything except one year Showtime and 3 months HD Extra. I wouldn't risk canceling and re-try. You can ask for them after installation, when all things fail, calling retention can get a lot of things done for you as long as you don't abuse it.

One member remind me something, even if you can not get the 2007 Q4 $20x12 rebate deal, you can still try to print out that $20 off rebate form I posted a link earlier and try to mail it in. There is of course no guarantee but the form clearly stated the offer is a nationwide offer and good till 2/26/08.

Of course you would only be able to do so by mail because if they deny you the deal in the initial order the online rebate center would say you do not qualify for it. Keep a copy of the mailing, call D* from time to time to check status and if they tell you no you know when to escalate to retention and tell them you have it in black and white (in this case in color). At a minimum they should give you the standard $10 off but if you are willing to give it a try I'd say you should get it. I know for a fact one person got it by talking to retention.

Again do so at your own risk and don't abuse the retention calls, do so only if you have a very legit reason, such as this one.

Got My Deal!

New D* customer, switching from cable. They made the decision real easy... Signed up for AAA this morning, and called the phone number listed on the AAA site (800-242-9114).

$99 HD DVR (HR21)
FREE standard DVR (R16)
STD Receiver
FREE Showtime for 1yr
$10 rebate for 12 mos
$10 AAA discount for 24 mos
$50 referral
Had to pay $19.95 S/H for equipment
Opted for 5.99 Equipment Protection Plan since I got 2 DVRs

Had to ask repeatedly for the free showtime deal, and asked about free standard DVR. Initially said no to both, would have to ask a supervisor about the free Showtime. Came back from hold and said yes to Showtime, and while processing the order she mysteriously that I had somehow qualified for the free standard DVR.

I asked about the 2007 Q4 promo and was told that was no longer applicable. If it's a region thing, I'm not in it (Evansville, IN).

Installation date Thurs 2/21.

HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 1 Free
PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001 1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 Free
DIRECTV DVR 1 Free
DVR Service 1 Free
Standard IRD 1 Free
1 Year Free Showtime 1 Free
Cinemax 1 Free
HBO 1 Free
STARZ! 1 Free
SHOWTIME 1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish 1 Free
Standard Professional Install 1 Free
DIRECTV Satellite Dish 1 Free
B6291/020 (AAA) 1 Free
Handling 1 $19.95

If anyone needs a referral to save $50, please PM me!

Last edited:
Called three times today. Talked to three different reps. All of them are saying I can't combine the $20 off offer with the AAA offer. They only offer me $10 off+AAA. So is this deal dead?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts