How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not sure. He did say in order to activate the $18/month rebates I would have to call a toll-free number after my system is installed.

Not true. The $18 off deal is a special deal should have a code, if not you only have the standard $13 off. The similar thing happened to another person he called back and after a few rounds they give him an extra $10 off for 12 to make him happy and he verified it on his online acct list with a special code. BTW this was done before installation, once installation is in it will be a new ball game, usually it needs more effort to get things after that and the success ratio also drops.

You do have the AAA deal (B6291/020), and $99 for the second HDDVR is normal as long as you paid $198 plus tax for two HDDVR's.

The referral deal does not show up on the list but you can call them to verify. Everything else you want to see them on your list, can't take their words for it.

Well I'm not sure. The guy went over all the monthly costs for me (for the first 5 months w/referral, then the remainder of the 12-month promo, then next year months 13-24 with AAA discount only). They all were exactly what they should be with the $18/month promo.

I'd call back and make sure your account is setup for the $18 discount, just since we're not seeing it there :)

Well I'm not sure. The guy went over all the monthly costs for me (for the first 5 months w/referral, then the remainder of the 12-month promo, then next year months 13-24 with AAA discount only). They all were exactly what they should be with the $18/month promo.

All they were doing was pull up a special calculator on the screen, punch in the supposed discounts and the calculator will spit out detailed monthly cost schedule with those discounts, nothing to do with what was actually applied or not, being there:)

I called back and they said that the current $18/month offer is valid, but I still have to basically send a rebate form back to them to activate the bill credits...which can be done online at www.directv.com/rebate or by calling their rebate hotline at 877-286-4808. This matches the information I was given when signing up last night. I don't know what else to tell you guys...I'll just have to report back next week and let you know what's up.

Sorry, I didn't realize the $18/mo was a rebate.

If that is the case then you are in good shape - just send in the rebate after you are installed - and KEEP A COPY!

Credits Showing Up

Jacmyoung-

Any thoughts on what the first line is for?

Date Description Price Tax
03/10/2008 RCREDIT-12 ($3.00) $0.00
03/09/2008 AAAReferNew ($10.00) $0.00
03/08/2008 New Cust Offer_$20 ($20.00) $0.00

2nd, naturally is AAA referral, 3rd is the Q4 2007 promotion, but I'm not sure on the first one. Is that my referral credit?? I was thinking that was $10/mo for 5 months.

Jacmyoung-

Any thoughts on what the first line is for?

Date Description Price Tax
03/10/2008 RCREDIT-12 ($3.00) $0.00
03/09/2008 AAAReferNew ($10.00) $0.00
03/08/2008 New Cust Offer_$20 ($20.00) $0.00

2nd, naturally is AAA referral, 3rd is the Q4 2007 promotion, but I'm not sure on the first one. Is that my referral credit?? I was thinking that was $10/mo for 5 months.

That was your one year price lock because since 2/27 your price has gone up by $3 if you look at the cost of your package.

You sure were quick to get that $20 rebate. Mine was just approved but not showing up on my bill yet.

THANKS!

Okay, that makes total sense. I forgot I had that price lock!

Looks like I need to inquire again about the referral credit.

In regards to the $20 off credit, yeah, I went to the website and did the rebate the day I was installed. It just showed up yesterday, almost 1 month to the day later.

Still one must first qualify for the rebate. I sure hope they were right.

So far, so good: It let me sign up for the rebate. Now to just wait and see when it is applied to my bill...

Congratulations! You qualify for the following DIRECTV offers:

• 2008 Q1 National Offer
    $18 off for 12 months
Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing.

This board has been great. I have learned a ton and has already answered a ton of questions that I have. But I have a couple more right now as my installation date is coming up and I am getting nervous and the fact that my wife and I have our first baby on the way doesn't help manners when figuring out the budget.

I have my order information listed below. I signed up on Feb. 26th, the last day before the price increase. Is there anyway I can tell for sure that I got the $20 fourth quarter rebate, the AAA $10 off for 2 years and the $50 referall discount?

Welcome to DIRECTV _2007 Q4 Offer 047 B5712/47 ~ 1 Free
PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001 ~ 1 Free
HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 ~ 1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) ~ 1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) ~ 1 $99.00
Standard Professional Install ~ 1 Free
B6291/020 ~ 1 Free
DVR Service ~ 1 Free
HBO ~ 1 Free
STARZ! ~ 1 Free
SHOWTIME ~ 1 Free
Cinemax ~ 1 Free
$0 Delivery & Handling ~ 1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish ~ 1 Free

I wish I would know that the rebate that I will get is the $20 for 12 monthes. I figured my month costs before taxes to be $34.99 for 5 months. Then up to $44.99 for the next 7 monthes. And finally for the last year it will be $67.99.

I am also nervous about the installation. I currently have Dish network with a dual tuner hooked up with it feeding another interior room. Am I going to have to pay extra since I have two dual tuners installed?

Thanks for all the help in advance.

$50 Referral

Well,
Now i'm getting BS from DirecTV regarding the $50 referral. They are now telling me that since I am getting the AAA and Q4 discounts - I am not eligible for the $50 discount.

I had 1 person email me this, I told them they were full of sh*t, then I had a 2nd "rep" email me, and tell me the same again. I even referenced this website.

While it's only $50, I'm very pissed off. I was told, at the time I placed my order, I would be receiving this discount.

Well,
Now i'm getting BS from DirecTV regarding the $50 referral. They are now telling me that since I am getting the AAA and Q4 discounts - I am not eligible for the $50 discount.

I had 1 person email me this, I told them they were full of sh*t, then I had a 2nd "rep" email me, and tell me the same again. I even referenced this website.

While it's only $50, I'm very pissed off. I was told, at the time I placed my order, I would be receiving this discount.

Referral discount for a new sub usually appears after the second bill, how longer have you had DirecTV?

This board has been great. I have learned a ton and has already answered a ton of questions that I have. But I have a couple more right now as my installation date is coming up and I am getting nervous and the fact that my wife and I have our first baby on the way doesn't help manners when figuring out the budget.

I have my order information listed below. I signed up on Feb. 26th, the last day before the price increase. Is there anyway I can tell for sure that I got the $20 fourth quarter rebate, the AAA $10 off for 2 years and the $50 referall discount?

Welcome to DIRECTV _2007 Q4 Offer 047 B5712/47 ~ 1 Free
PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001 ~ 1 Free
HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 ~ 1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) ~ 1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) ~ 1 $99.00
Standard Professional Install ~ 1 Free
B6291/020 ~ 1 Free
DVR Service ~ 1 Free
HBO ~ 1 Free
STARZ! ~ 1 Free
SHOWTIME ~ 1 Free
Cinemax ~ 1 Free
$0 Delivery & Handling ~ 1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish ~ 1 Free

I wish I would know that the rebate that I will get is the $20 for 12 monthes. I figured my month costs before taxes to be $34.99 for 5 months. Then up to $44.99 for the next 7 monthes. And finally for the last year it will be $67.99.

I am also nervous about the installation. I currently have Dish network with a dual tuner hooked up with it feeding another interior room. Am I going to have to pay extra since I have two dual tuners installed?

Thanks for all the help in advance.

You have everything except free Showtime for one year. Relax and take care of your wife and best wishes.

Insallation may require adding cable runs but such is covered by the standard installation.

I just signed up for Directv. I currently have Dish but got of sick of waiting for new HD channels.

I got 2 HD DVR's for $99 each. I got the AAA offer, the current promo for $18 off/12 months, $50 referral code (thanks Jacmyoung), free Showtime and Starz for 3 months, free Showtime for 1 year, and free shipping and handling for the HD DVR's.

My install is scheduled for Monday 3/24.

I can't wait to see all of the new HD channels such as Scifi, USA, CNN, Fox Business, FX, and Speed.

Here are the details:

PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001 Free
HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) $99.00
Standard Professional Install Free
$0 Delivery & Handling Free
1 Year Free Showtime Free
STARZ! Free
SHOWTIME Free
B6291/020 Free
DVR Service Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) Free

Here are the details:

PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001 Free
HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) $99.00
Standard Professional Install Free
$0 Delivery & Handling Free
1 Year Free Showtime Free
STARZ! Free
SHOWTIME Free
B6291/020 Free
DVR Service Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) Free

You appear in very good shape above, congrats!

Maybe this is old news but since I used the offers here to signup I figured I'd add that you can get an additional 20 dollar credit for signing up with Paperless billing and Auto Pay. I had read about the $50 visa card but I couldn't find out how to get that and still use all the deals in this thread. To get the 20 just go to your account on Directv.com and you should see the offer.

I'm also working on a convert guide for my wife to list all the differences between the two services. So far I'm loving having two DVR's for my two HD TV's instead of just one 622 with SD on the second screen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts