$50 Referral
$18 off 1 year
$99 HDDVR
Free SDDVR
Free SHO/Stars 3mos + Free SHO 12 mos
Free S&H

Ask for $300 coupon book after install.

Thanks, guys!

You must ask for the coupon book before install, after install you will be an existing sub which does not get the book.

Regarding any promo requiring auto bill pay, I do not recommend it. Because D* sometimes makes mistakes in applying credits, they should apply credits prior to bill closing date but sometimes forget to do it or do so after closing date. If you are on autopay you get charged on the card before you can discover it and dispute the mistake, without autopay you can dispute it before paying.

looks like most of my credits have kicked in just in time for my second bill..

04/20/2008 Go Green Credit ($20.00)
04/18/2008 AAAReferNew ($10.00)
04/18/2008 NewCustOffer_$18 ($18.00)
04/18/2008 CR STZ/SHO ($23.00)

Should cost me around $25/30 this month for plus hd dvr.

:)

my ($18) online rebate status still shows "processing" but they have already applied the credit to my bill ...

I joined just for this post! We only have Cox and we cannot order UFC (cage fighting, not the college, lol) in HD. I have a projector and 480 sux on a it.

One note I wanted point out, I do credit repair on the side. Unless things have changed, DTV will do a credit score lowering annually if you do the autopay. On average it will only lower your score by 5 points which will not harm most people.

Anyways, spoke to 3 reps, I had the first and reps talk to their supervisors and they both told me it was one of the 3, showtime for a year, $300 booklet or free shipping. The third rep gave me both showtime and the booklet but said he couldn't do the shipping. I didn't want to hang up and potentially deal with several more reps. I just gave accepted the offer.

2 HD/DVRs
2 standard receivers
1yr showtime
Savings Certificate Booklet
3 monthes of the other movie packs
$10/mo off, AAA, 2 years
$18/mo off, new customer, 1 year
$10/mo off, referral, 5 monthes.

Total $233.21

I just signed up for this forum to thank all the board members who posted details of this deal. I just signed up for a similar deal. I do have two questions. I am seeing few members received free HD Access for 1 yr and free DVR service as well. When I called they said they could only do one so I took 1yr HD Access free. (1) Is there a special code to get HD Access and DVR service both free for 1 yr (2) they signed me up for some "preferred" package ($32.99 - $13 instead of $18) because I signed up for international programming. I could not find anything on the preferred package on their website. Is that a decent package?

Overall I got:
1 HD DVR $99
1 regular DVR free
1 additional receiver free
monthly DVR fee, I think $5.95
1 yr free HD Access
$9.99 for two receivers
free coupon book
$10 AAA discount
$10 referral discount for 5 months

Free 1-year showtime

Did anyone having trouble getting the free 1-year showtime after the initial 3-months free of HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/Starz ?

My account has 1-year free showtime and the other movie premium channels free for 3-mo. When my 3-month free was up, I cancelled HBO/Cinemax and Starz but kept showtime. Directv charged me for the showtime and I had to call them to dispute the charge. After getting transfer to retention, the CSR said that she will escalate the problem and my account will be reviewed by the ordering department. I also have to call Directv to get my AAA credit.

Did anyone having trouble getting the free 1-year showtime after the initial 3-months free of HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/Starz ?

My account has 1-year free showtime and the other movie premium channels free for 3-mo. When my 3-month free was up, I cancelled HBO/Cinemax and Starz but kept showtime. Directv charged me for the showtime and I had to call them to dispute the charge. After getting transfer to retention, the CSR said that she will escalate the problem and my account will be reviewed by the ordering department. I also have to call Directv to get my AAA credit.

For the first three months a -$43 credit has been applied for the free movies packs, starting the 4th month only -$12 credit for the Showtime is now applied.

I see today that DTV changed their site to now include HBO in their free for 3 months offer. What is the chance I will get that plus the AAA discount, -18 new customer, referral discount, SHO for a year, coupon book and the hardware discounts?

Thinking of making switch from TWC and this might finally be the last things to persuade wife to switch.

Pulled the trigger... was told that the Showtime 1yr was not available. She did give me an extra $5 off per month for 12mos though, which offsets the cost of HD Extra (no free 3mos anymore on that).

$10 x 24 AAA
$18 x 12 New Customer
$10 x 5 Referral
HBO/SHO/Starz free for 3mos (-$35 for 3mos)
$99 HD DVR (plus $19.95 s/h and tax, $126)
Free HD Receiver

Readout from online account below:

Cash Back_Requires Redemption _$5 for 12 Months Cl B6820/11 Free
PLUS HD DVR P0000063640000000011 Free
HD Access_Tier 1 P0000063760000000011 Free
DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK Monthly P6688/11 Free
DIRECTV HD Rec. (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)1 Free
Standard Professional Install1 Free
HBO1 Free
STARZ!1 Free
SHOWTIME1 Free
B6291/0201 Free
Handling1 $19.95
DVR Service1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)1 Free

I am thinking about joining AAA so I can get the AAA discount with DirecTV. Does it matter which level of membership you choose with AAA? I noticed that they have 3 levels of membership. Thanks for any information.

Matt

No...should not matter. Any level should work for you.

I am thinking about joining AAA so I can get the AAA discount with DirecTV. Does it matter which level of membership you choose with AAA? I noticed that they have 3 levels of membership. Thanks for any information.

Matt

FYI.......

Just signed up using AAA deal as a new customer. This is what I got.

1. $18/month National discount for 12 months
2. $10/month AAA discount for 24 months
3. $10/month Referral discount for 5 months
4. $20 Go Green promo
5. $300 coupon book
6. $99 HD DVR
7. Free HD receiver

Should be installed Friday. Hopefully everything goes good!

Is the $50.00 referral discount taken off one month at a time($10.00) for 5 months or is it a one time $50.00 off your first month's bill? Do you have a choice between the two? I just joined AAA today and I am ready to sign up. Also, is the number to call for the AAA deal good for referrals too? I noticed that the DirecTV AAA number and the DirecTV Referral line are different. AAA DirecTV number: 800-242-9114 and Referral line is 866-443-8869. Thanks for any help.

Also, one additional question if you don't mind. I just want to make sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed. I know how it is when all the CSRs are not on the same page. My AAA membership card has 6 numbers in front of the actual membership that says"club code." Is this of any importance or is it the actual membership number that is of concern? Thank you.

Last edited:
mdanderson, I called the AAA number and they had no problem giving me the referral discount as well. I would imagine that the $50 referral discount depends on the CSR. In my case, I get $10/month off during months 13-17. Kind of weird but I guess that will be nice for a discount down the road.

My referral discount was $10/month for 5 months. It can take a couple of billing cycles for the referral discount to appear on your bill.

You need to call the Direct AAA phone number. They will be able to assist you with both the AAA discounts and referral discount.

When I signed up, they only wanted the first six digits of the card, which corresponds to the club code. They didn't care about my actual AAA account number.

Is the $50.00 referral discount taken off one month at a time($10.00) for 5 months or is it a one time $50.00 off your first month's bill? Do you have a choice between the two? I just joined AAA today and I am ready to sign up. Also, is the number to call for the AAA deal good for referrals too? I noticed that the DirecTV AAA number and the DirecTV Referral line are different. AAA DirecTV number: 800-242-9114 and Referral line is 866-443-8869. Thanks for any help.

Also, one additional question if you don't mind. I just want to make sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed. I know how it is when all the CSRs are not on the same page. My AAA membership card has 6 numbers in front of the actual membership that says"club code." Is this of any importance or is it the actual membership number that is of concern? Thank you.

I forgot to ask for the coupon book when i signed up. can i call back and get it. my install has not happened yet???

on the go green i was told to sign up online for the autopay and the $20 would be applied..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)