How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sirpaws, your AAA discount should show up on your first bill, if not call to ask, it is not a rebate. If you followed my instructions you should have verified all the discount codes before installation.

As far as DISH, I switched from DISH over three months ago, honestly if I am in the shoes of some of the DISH subs today, I would wait a little longer as Masterdeals said also. Don't let your impulse color your view and impact your long term prospect of HD entertainment. VOOM's removal was unfortunate but was out of necessacity.

On the other hand make sure you research the DirecTV HDDVRs and compared them to your 622/722s in as an objective fashion as possible, know what you are getting into, often times what was perceived as major downside may not be an issue for you, what espects you never hear may end up get you into trouble.

We say so as DirecTV subs, because we are responsible people:)

Thanks anyway but you missed my reasoning about leaving Dish, Voom was typical of the issues facing Dish as they tend to wind in a dispute with someone it seems all the time.

It never was about HD or the Sports Packages for me as it was quality of service and value for my dollar. I got neither from Dish over the last couple of years and got tired of the nonsense called Dish Network.

As the OP of this thread, I, as well as the forum moderator were both saying prospective new DirecTV subs should research both companies in the most objective ways possible.

You have stated your opinion, let's move on. This is not a DISH bashing thread.

Were there more than 1 AAA discount/programs. I had to send several emails to get things sorted out a bit but instead of a $10 AAA discount they gave me a $50 one on this months bill. Im not really going to complain too much as my bill after all the diffrent credits they gave me was a whooping $5.96

Current Charges for Service Period 05/14/08 - 06/13/08
05/14 06/13 PREMIER Monthly 104.99
04/14 07/13 DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK 3 Months Free 0.00
05/14 06/13 DIRECTV Protection Plan Monthly 5.99
05/14 06/13 HD Access Monthly 9.99
05/14 06/13 DIRECTV DVR Service Monthly 5.99
05/14 06/13 DIRECTV on DEMAND -Complimentary 0.00
Fees
05/15 Primary Leased Receiver 4.99
Adjustments & Credits
05/12 Customer Referral -10.00 Credit
05/12 STARZ/SHOWTIME for 3 Mos -23.00 Credit
05/12 New Customer Offer -18.00 Credit
05/12 AAA Customer Discount -50.00 Credit
05/14 Go Green -20.00 Credit
05/15 Primary Leased Receiver -4.99 Credit
Taxes
Sales Tax 0.00
AMOUNT DUE $0.00

Still havent recieved my coupon book tho

Just wanted to post a quick thanks to this thread. Just got signed up through the AAA telephone number and everything went quite smooth.

AAA Discount ($10 off for 24 mos)
New Customer Deal ($18 off for 12 mos)
Autopay ($20 off one-time)
$50 Referral
$300 Coupon Booklet
HBO/STARS/SHOWTIME free for 3 mos
$99 HDDVR
$99 HDDVR
$0 Standard Receiver
The Plus HD DVR Package
$33.03 Shipping/Handling/Tax

Total current charge = $231.03

Hope the install goes well!

Just wanted to post a quick thanks to this thread. Just got signed up through the AAA telephone number and everything went quite smooth.

AAA Discount ($10 off for 24 mos)
New Customer Deal ($18 off for 12 mos)
Autopay ($20 off one-time)
$50 Referral
$300 Coupon Booklet
HBO/STARS/SHOWTIME free for 3 mos
$99 HDDVR
$99 HDDVR
$0 Standard Receiver
The Plus HD DVR Package
$33.03 Shipping/Handling/Tax

Total current charge = $231.03

Hope the install goes well!

Hmmmm, I just called to sign up and they wanted to charge me nearly $300 for two HD DVR's. I wonder what I'm doing wrong? Any thoughts?

When I called a few hours ago I noticed 2 things

1. the $18/month for 12 months is now $23

2. he told me $99 for first and $199 for second... as he went further in the script, it dropped the 2nd one to $99 as well for the total of $198

Other then that, the deal seemed like most the others.
AAA $10/month for 24 months
free showtime 1yr
free stars and hbo for 3 months
$50 referral
$20 to go green after account is active
$300 coupon book

The install will be Saturday morning.

Anyone know if there is any way to get my $18 upped to the newer $23 deal since Im only a 2 month old customer:D

Maybe if I had gone in as a new sub rather than re-opening my account I put on "suspension" last year I could've gotten my 2 HD-DVRs for $99 a piece. They did $99+$199 like some of you, and the $18 rebate rather than applying the $18 directly.

Install is tomorrow.

Ordered over the phone through DirecTV since I had to 'unsuspend' my account and couldn't do it online. I did call them and they said it was an online only offer and I got the best I could get. I still probably should've done a new sub rather than open the old one but figured they'd have done something at least as good as new subs.

Don't want to cancel and re-order because the order has been goofy enough as it is. Because I ordered 2 HD-DVR boxes, apparently the system wouldn't let them add that to one order (for an existing customer) so they did 2 separate orders. One of them got cancelled 3 separate times because they thought it was a duplicate, nevermind that only one of them had the dish on it. ;) It's all worked out now, and my install is tomorrow, so I'll just be happy with what I got and enjoy DirecTV again.

That and the new HDTV I need to get for downstairs. :up

I placed my order this Tuesday with an install date for 5/29. However, I have not yet received a confirmation email from them. Should I be worried?

I placed my order this Tuesday with an install date for 5/29. However, I have not yet received a confirmation email from them. Should I be worried?

Did you try to register your account online at Directv.com? When I did that I noticed they had my phone# wrong, called to correct it.

Cancel...then order again.......

You really should not have to cancel your order to get the new pricing. I ordered 2 weeks ago when the new customer price was $18.00 a month off. I found out about the $23.00 off a few days ago so I called DirecTV and they told me I would be getting the new pricing since my install has not taken place yet. I hope they are right.

First time poster here, going to call and place my order tomarrow. I dont have a aaa card so I suppose that means I need to sign up. Can I use another members aaa number?

Last edited:
You really should not have to cancel your order to get the new pricing. I ordered 2 weeks ago when the new customer price was $18.00 a month off. I found out about the $23.00 off a few days ago so I called DirecTV and they told me I would be getting the new pricing since my install has not taken place yet. I hope they are right.

Do not hope they are right, be sure. Register online and check, usually the "Welcome to DirecTV Offer" is followed by a time period, such as Q4 2007. If such information is not conclusive, the only thing I will do is before you submit the online rebate request, make sure it says $23 off, if not, do not submit, rather call to discuss, almost always some resolution can be reached. Once submitted, a rebate can not be changed.

The alternative is of course to cancel and re-order, but the above caution still applies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts