$50 Referral
$300 Coupon Booklet
HBO/STARS free for 3 mos

SHOWTIME free for 1 year
$99 HDDVR
$0 HD Receiver
Plus HD DVR Package

First year - $34.98/month; second year - $67.98/month

(saving $10.79 per month off current standard cable the first year)

John - great job and WECOME to Satelliteguys & directv.

Let us know how your install goes.

I'm suprised you got the AAA offer & Verizon offer. Did you signup with the AAA number or through Verizon?

Thanks Jason.

I signed up through AAA, didn't know about Verizon offer. Rep told be about it when I gave my verizon e-mail. Hope it holds.

Do not hope they are right, be sure. Register online and check, usually the "Welcome to DirecTV Offer" is followed by a time period, such as Q4 2007. If such information is not conclusive, the only thing I will do is before you submit the online rebate request, make sure it says $23 off, if not, do not submit, rather call to discuss, almost always some resolution can be reached. Once submitted, a rebate can not be changed.

The alternative is of course to cancel and re-order, but the above caution still
applies.

I did call DirecTV before and after the install to discuss the matter with them regarding the $23.00 off and they said they would refer the matter to resolution dept or something like that. They said it could take a week or so before I got an answer. I went online today and it shows the rebate in a "processing" state.

Thanks JohnSW and jacmyoung and everyone for all their help, just ordered my DirecTV system:

AAA Deal ($10 off for 24 months)
National Customer Deal ($23 off for 12 months)
Autopay ($20 off for 1 month)
$50 Referral Deal
Savings Certificate Book
HBO free for 3 months

STARZ free for 3 months
SHOWTIME free for 1 year
$99 HD DVR
Free HD Reciever
Plus HD DVR Package with 4 total TV's and Sports Package aswell

I think I got everything I possibly could, is there anything more I could have squeezed out?

Just signed up.

AAA Discount ($10 off for 24 mos)
New Customer Deal ($23 off for 12 mos)
Verizon Discount ($10 off for 12 mos)
Autopay ($20 off one-time)
$50 Referral
$300 Coupon Booklet
HBO/STARS free for 3 mos
SHOWTIME free for 1 year
$99 HDDVR
$0 HD Receiver
Plus HD DVR Package

First year - $34.98/month; second year - $67.98/month
(saving $10.79 per month off current standard cable the first year)

John,

Can you tell me how you got the Verizon deal, I have both Verizon and DirecTV already, do you have to be a new customer?

John,

Can you tell me how you got the Verizon deal, I have both Verizon and DirecTV already, do you have to be a new customer?

briankas, i think if you contact verizon directly, and then direct tv i think they will auto link your accounts, i know on verizons end they will knock off so much of the bill, not sure about direct's though :)

I signed up yesterday and checked the Directv website to make sure everything was credited. I should have the $23 for 12 months national offer, $10 for 24 months AAA, $50 referral, $300 coupon book, and 1 year Showtime. I see Showtime and the book but the top code only says $5 off for 12 months and don't see anything that would resemble the AAA discount. I called Directv and the rep said she saw a bunch of rebates but didn't know what they all stood for. She said they would all show up after activation. I've read this post and it seems the major discounts should be showing up. Here is what the pending deal looks like.

Cash Back_Requires Redemption _$5 for 12 Months Cl B6820/1 Free 1 $0.00
PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001 Free 1 $0.00
HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 Free 1 $0.00
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) Free 1 $0.00
DIRECTV HD Rec. (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) Free 1 $0.00
DVR Service Free 1 $0.00
$0 Delivery & Handling Free 1 $0.00
1 Year Free Showtime Free 1 $0.00
Savings Certificate Booklet Free 1 $0.00
HBO Free 1 $0.00
STARZ! Free 1 $0.00
SHOWTIME Free 1 $0.00
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish Free 1 $0.00
Free
Standard Professional Install
Tax: $8.17

Is there suppost to be more showing up based on what discounts I said I should be getting?

I signed up yesterday and checked the Directv website to make sure everything was credited. I should have the $23 for 12 months national offer, $10 for 24 months AAA, $50 referral, $300 coupon book, and 1 year Showtime. I see Showtime and the book but the top code only says $5 off for 12 months and don't see anything that would resemble the AAA discount. I called Directv and the rep said she saw a bunch of rebates but didn't know what they all stood for. She said they would all show up after activation. I've read this post and it seems the major discounts should be showing up. Here is what the pending deal looks like.

Cash Back_Requires Redemption _$5 for 12 Months Cl B6820/1 Free 1 $0.00
PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001 Free 1 $0.00
HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 Free 1 $0.00
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) Free 1 $0.00
DIRECTV HD Rec. (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) Free 1 $0.00
DVR Service Free 1 $0.00
$0 Delivery & Handling Free 1 $0.00
1 Year Free Showtime Free 1 $0.00
Savings Certificate Booklet Free 1 $0.00
HBO Free 1 $0.00
STARZ! Free 1 $0.00
SHOWTIME Free 1 $0.00
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish Free 1 $0.00
Free
Standard Professional Install
Tax: $8.17

Is there suppost to be more showing up based on what discounts I said I should be getting?

My only guess is people were getting $18 off before the $23 off deal, DirecTV simply added a $5 off line to make it $23 off total. I don't see the AAA code either.

You need to call to find out, if not possible cancel and re-order. If the codes still look the same, maybe they changed things around lately, but I would want to make sure the AAA code is in there.

I talked to two different reps and they keep telling me that all the rebates don't show up until the account is activated. If anybody else has a pending deal that includes the $23 for 12 and the AAA discount let me know what is showing up on your order. Thanks.

@ Claymoreclan Yes I did the deal but the rebates did not show up, so I called Cust service and they said they wouldent show up until the account has been activated.

@ Claymoreclan Yes I did the deal but the rebates did not show up, so I called Cust service and they said they wouldent show up until the account has been activated.

Did they actually show up after your activation?

Not all discounts will show up initially, for example the friend referral never shows up until the first billing or even the second billing. But the AAA code always showed up the first time, in fact in a few cases when they did not show up, people did not get it, and they had to make calls after calls to resolve the issue.

I am not saying DirecTV did not change the policy, they might have stopped using the AAA code lately, unlikely but possible.

What I am saying is, the CSRs should be the last ones you listen to, they are the least informed, hard to believe but true for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianKas
John,

briankas, i think if you contact verizon directly, and then direct tv i think they will auto link your accounts, i know on verizons end they will knock off so much of the bill, not sure about direct's though :)
As, I mentioned, I didn't know about the discount, I gave my Verizon e-mail address to the DirectTV rep and he offered the discount. I called on the AAA phone listed in this thread's OP.

I just got my 3rd bill and still no AAA discount!!! I have called at least 9 times in 3 months and they keep telling me to wait until the next month and see if it shows up. I have been very patient with these lying a**holes and those days are over! I called AAA and reported to them that Directv is not honoring the promotion to its customers and they should be aware of their business practices. I guess my next step is to write the attorney general and enlighted them about my situation.

I just got my 3rd bill and still no AAA discount!!! I have called at least 9 times in 3 months and they keep telling me to wait until the next month and see if it shows up. I have been very patient with these lying a**holes and those days are over! I called AAA and reported to them that Directv is not honoring the promotion to its customers and they should be aware of their business practices. I guess my next step is to write the attorney general and enlighted them about my situation.

I'd recomend you summarize what you have done, the phone calls, email, etc. and email it to this address:

Ellen Filipiak, Sr VP of Customer Relations: eafilipiak@directv.com

Ellen has been very active in fixing situations like yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianKas
John,

As, I mentioned, I didn't know about the discount, I gave my Verizon e-mail address to the DirectTV rep and he offered the discount. I called on the AAA phone listed in this thread's OP.

John,

Did this bundle your Verizon and DirecTV accounts, I spoke to a rep and they said the only way to do this is to sign up for a bundled account with Verizon an DirecTV, which would force me to change my Verizon plan and actually cost more overall.

John,

Did this bundle your Verizon and DirecTV accounts, I spoke to a rep and they said the only way to do this is to sign up for a bundled account with Verizon an DirecTV, which would force me to change my Verizon plan and actually cost more overall.
No, not that I am aware. I didn't give a Verizon account number . Perhaps the Verizon discount won't hold. My account information doesn't note the AAA or Verizon discounts as other have mentioned. Not getting installed until next Friday. Perhaps I should call and try to verify account details. From reading others post, it doesn't sound like Verizon gives much verification of discounts prior to install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)