how to get out of contract

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't mean to come across as a jerk here, but the fine print on the contract you signed and agreed to called for an early termination fee if you cancelled D* prior to the end of the contract term you agreed to, which is normally 2 years.

:shh

How dare you bring up something like personal responsibility and integrity in the United States in 2007? :eek:

I agree with this guy, btw. USMC

yoU

Signed the

Muther Fn

Contract

:D

Deactivate and activate new box?

What happens in the following scenario:

Deactivating an H20 receiver and activating a HR20 receiver.

I have had programming for a few months now and I realize there is a 2yr term on the programming/receiver.

What happens to my deactivated box and contract?

What happens in the following scenario:

Deactivating an H20 receiver and activating a HR20 receiver.

I have had programming for a few months now and I realize there is a 2yr term on the programming/receiver.

What happens to my deactivated box and contract?

Your deactivated box will have to be returned to D*, and your contract will be extended for 2 years from the date you activate your HR20.

What now?

Your deactivated box will have to be returned to D*, and your contract will be extended for 2 years from the date you activate your HR20.

Hmm so if and when I start a new lease do I get the promotions as well? When I signed up I was given 3 months of HBO/Cinemax free. Speaking of that, does Directv do the automatic renewal of HBO/Cinemax? Do I have to call to cancel before the 3 months is up?

Of course maybe this changes when I get a NEW lease on the programming?

thanks in advance

Directv doesn't always collect deactivated boxes. I have one that they didn't ask for. I even gave a lease one to a friend. He had to use his own security card but they didnt care. Ramy also activated 3 new HR20's and they didn't ask for his HR10-250's. As for free HBO/Cinemax, you can cancel at anytime after the 3 months is up. If you cancel 10 days after the 3months, then you are just charged partial month for the channels. So make sure you cancel shortly after a freebie is over.

Directv doesn't always collect deactivated boxes. I have one that they didn't ask for. I even gave a lease one to a friend. He had to use his own security card but they didnt care. Ramy also activated 3 new HR20's and they didn't ask for his HR10-250's. As for free HBO/Cinemax, you can cancel at anytime after the 3 months is up. If you cancel 10 days after the 3months, then you are just charged partial month for the channels. So make sure you cancel shortly after a freebie is over.

So I won't get promos on the new lease?

Not unless you ask for them specifically. Usually through retention group or other special scenarios where you get free packages after your initial new customer incentive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)