How to get rid of the Diplexer???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hi-Vac

Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 11, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I had voom install my system "After" I ran all the RG6 for them. I added an additional cable for the "Stealth" antenna. The Installer insisted on bringing both the Sat & the Antenna connections into a black diplexer, and running a short 1' cable out of the diplexer into the back of the STB. There is a grey cover with a lock and an unlock switch. If I remove this, there is a separate connection for the Sat and a another for the Antenna (Looks like a module). But when I connect the Antenna directly to this connection, the Local's will not come in. What Am I doing wrong.

Thanks in advance......

There isn't a diplexer outside. It has a home run from the antenna to the back of the equipment. This is where he added the diplexer so he could install the module on the back of the STB (Rental agreement I guess). The dilpexer has a 1' cable going to the combiner module affixed to the back of the STB.

This is how it looks without the diplexer in the back of stb.

DSR-550back.jpg

This is how it looks with diplexer. Before it gets here, there is a device that looks like a splitter (but it is a combiner). That will combine both antenna coax and satellite coax.

dipl_installed.jpg

If you have taken out the combiner and diplexer, make sure that you connect the satellite coax to satellite input and the antenna coax to the ota module. Before you do this disconnection/connection, unplug stb or you may short out something. Once all cables are tight, plug the stb back. What type of antenna are you using? You used to get locals with the diplexer?

Thanks Sean Mota for the help.

This is exactly what I see on this end as well.

I do get locals with the Black Channel master Diplexer installed. I am having problems getting ABC, and was thinking that eliminating the Diplexer "might" get me over the hump on this channel. When I remove the Black Channelmaster Diplexer, and the cover (lock / Unlock) over the OTA module, and connect my Stelthantenna(I am not sure exaxtly the make or model #, but it is the cheap one they included in the install) RG6 connection directly into the OTA module as shown in your pictures, I do not get any locals. I have tried this several times now, and if I reinstall the cover and the Diplexer, the local's will return.

There has to be something else between the antenna and your coax. I suggest you to inspect the antenna and look for something else that is connected.

I will surely do this first thing in the morning (it is now very dark). I am also trying to get a hold of Voom to request two things.

1. I would like to order three additional STB's for the rest of the house, and

2. I would like to request a better OTA antenna.

But I can't get anyone to answer the phone, and after approx 10 minutes, the "on hold system" requests that If you would like to get a call back, press #1. But it doesn't let me put a phone # in other than my home # that it already has ( I was at work!)

So I don't know for sure if they will come out and "improve" my OTA signal.

I live on a small mountain in Georgia, and am supprised how good the locals come in.

One other note, I was able to pick up ABC with a set of rabbit ears on my directv system (which I will not cancel unless NFL Ticket is available on voom in 2008?) but I can't get it on my voom system.

I have tried to "fine" tune the direction as well.

Anyway, thanks for all the help!

that is a ridiculous looking diplexer. LMAO why in the world would they use something that huge.It also increases the depth of the reciever.

Sean Mota said:
Hi-Vac,

remember that there is $200 installation fee for additional receivers.

Yes, unfortunately, I know this! I knew that if I liked the service, I would be sorry I didn't get the addl receiver's initially, but.....oh well someday I will learn to trust my instincts...Right

Also, you may end up having to use the diplexer when adding the three additional recievers anyways...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)