how to hook up a multi-switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dave62

Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
i have a slimline 5 lnb ka/ku i found 101 but when i try to get 119 and 110 on the rec . rec didnt pick up 110 or 119 i did some home work and came out that i needed a 6x8 multi-switch so i order one of them now i need to know if i need 4 cable coming from the lnb to the multi-switch ? what i dont understand why do the 110 and 119 need a 22khz to make it work im hoping this multi-switch has the 22khz in it is there anything more i need to know to hook up the slimline

First of all you don't need another multiswitch if all you need are four outputs. It's possible that what you think is the 101 sat is really 119, if you aren't aligned correctly. The mast MUST be perfectly plumb and the tilt set right. The reason for the 22Khz signal is so that the built-in multiswitch selects the 110/119 sat set. This signal is supplied by the receiver.

From your lack of understanding in your question what you need is a professional installer. Call 1-800-531-5000.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts