Sunday Ticket ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sharkeye

Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Hey, I'm new here but I was wondering this past Sunday the HD games were full screen and the players seemed a little stretched if you know what I mean and I was wondering if that's the way it should be or not? thanks. :cool:

***Edit*** What I mean is that shouldn't it be widescreen instead of full screen? To make the players have a normal shape? again Thanks.

WELCOME!

My HD and Sunday Ticket HD were perfect; it sounds like either a receiver or TV resolution setting is not correct or something to that effect. Can you run down what you have setup now?

1. TV make & model
2. TV settings
3. DirecTV receiver
4. DirecTV settings

Thanks!

Its a Akai 54" Rear-Projection TV it's not widescreen and can display up to 1080i HD with component cables.

The Directv receiver is the H20 and the dish is the slimline AU9S. thanks

I was wondering if there might be a setting in the receiver setup but all I can find is where you tell it what type of HD your tv can do.

Also the other HD channels like ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD all display in widescreen format and look great but for some reason the HD Sunday Ticket games were full screen.

Its a Akai 54" Rear-Projection TV it's not widescreen and can display up to 1080i HD with component cables.

The Directv receiver is the H20 and the dish is the slimline AU9S. thanks

I was wondering if there might be a setting in the receiver setup but all I can find is where you tell it what type of HD your tv can do.

Also the other HD channels like ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD all display in widescreen format and look great but for some reason the HD Sunday Ticket games were full screen.

There should be a resolution setting for the DirecTV H20 as well (I thought) and maybe a screen format button on the remote.

http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/System_Manuals/DIRECTV/DIRECTV_H20_UG.pdf (PGs 76-83) in the user guide

What channel(s) were you tuned to when watching ST?

There should be a resolution setting for the DirecTV H20 as well (I thought)

What channel(s) were you tuned to when watching ST?

the ST HD channels I can't think of them off the top of my head but I think 721-727 they all said HD on them, now one thing too I don't know if the short cuts were in HD but they displayed in widescreen format so I don't know what was happening maybe just got a bad day or something. Thanks for the quick responses.

***Edit*** I need to go to bed but I will stop by to read something on this tomorrow morning or afternoon. Again Thanks :)

Since it is not a widescreen tv, make sure the display settings are set for 4:3.

Menu>Settings>Setup>Display

Since it is not a widescreen tv, make sure the display settings are set for 4:3.

Menu>Settings>Setup>Display

Yeah I did that but me being my not so bright self:rolleyes: never relized the format button on the remote which I noticed when watching ESPN First Take this morning and noticed I could have changed it from stretch to widescreen or crop. Thanks for all the help, if the format button doesn't work or works I'll let everyone know. :)

Well it's still stretched and I've changed it to everything to make it work. Was wondering if anyone knew anything I didn't, I have it set to 4:3 in setup and the format button doesn't do nothing but just change and NOT go letterbox or crop but stays stretched. Please if you can help thank you very much.

Well it's still stretched and I've changed it to everything to make it work. Was wondering if anyone knew anything I didn't, I have it set to 4:3 in setup and the format button doesn't do nothing but just change and NOT go letterbox or crop but stays stretched. Please if you can help thank you very much.

Why don't you try going into your Menu/Setup/HDTV and switching your RV Ratio to 16:9 and your Video Natuve to On.
Can't hurt. :)

Robin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)