How to increase your odds of getting HR24 or H24 receivers for your new install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When I ordered online last week, I requested 2 HR24s & 1 H24 under 'notes to installer'. Install was scheduled for today 8AM -12 Noon.
Installer called 7:30AM today to tell me that the warehouse did not have the HR24/H24s so someone from his company will call to reschedule.
8:15 AM - a gentleman at Mastec called me to say the same thing and rescheduled for Wednesday 7/21/10 (8AM-12Noon). He confirmed that my work order has 2 HR24s and a H24 listed and so that is what I will get.
I am disappointed but OK to wait as long as I will get the HR24s.
So, looks like 'notes to the installer' works. Thanks to Jason for the tips.
I can confirm this after the install, hopefully, next Wednesday.

lmao.....bbb and ftc.....for what?? what policy was violated? :eek:

BTW. Spending 45 seconds filling out a BBB form resulted in the replacement of both units. Since a month has passed it'll result in an extra month on my contract but I can live with that. I think with the equipment I was expecting I'll actually be a generally satisfied customer of theirs for the next 2 years. The lag on the HR21 is unbearable.

I have my installation coming on Sunday morning. Thanks to reading this forum I will have the upper hand on a few things, one of them being requiring the HR24/H24 for installation. I did have the CSR put it in the request in the installation notes, but believe it or not she didn't even know what and HR24 was. After I told her what it was she assured me I would be receiving the newest and best updated technology :) :) (I feel better now).

I will still have my other service up and running when the installer comes to the door. If I don't get the 24's I will refuse installation. If I am going to pay a company to use their equipment, it is going to be the newest one that is for sure.

sounds like everyone's doing it right. Don't be polite about it. Insist on the unit you want. You're not obligated to anything until you sign that sheet after installation. I don't see the big deal about it really.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)