how to insert power booster????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IntelPennny4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
how would i go about inserting a power booster into coax line to help my STB out? can i use a directv power inserter?

Depends on what you need the extra power for. A motor or power hungry LNBs. If you add power into the coax then you lose the use of voltage switched polarity control in LNBFs.

well i have a titanium c1-pll with one coax ran from lnb to stb nuthing else in line. i didnt know if i would need more power bc i know the stb doesnt put out much power itself. no motors at all

In this case you can not use power insertion. You should have plenty of power for this setup. If the STB has a problem with powering that LNBF then you need a new STB.

Reactions: bigg t and KE4EST
ok. so what would make my signal go up and down? what i mean by that is my signal goes from 70% to 30% and just keeps jumping back and forth and wont stay on one percentage. sometimes it will just go right away too aka lose the signal completely

Need to have specifics there. All channels on all satellites? There are known issues with ALI chipset receivers and reception of H&I and Decades on 101W that can be described like that.

You probably mentioned this before...but which receiver do you have? Which transponder(s) on which bird(s) is this happening?

Sent from my Moto X

it is 101w that i am having the problem with. im listen to the music channels on 4080 V 30000 and yes i know they are scrambled but can still hear the audio but its crackly. i can get it in nice but dont last long.

ke4est im using hdvr3500

Dish out of tune or more dish needed maybe.
If you think your STB is not powering your LNBF then a powered Zinwell 4x8 will fix that issue. But you would need a c2-pll

I'll look into sadoun but I think your right about not selling them anymore.

Hank123 I think your on the right track about dish needing to be bigger grrrr lol story on my life

Status
Please reply by conversation.