How to install more than 4 receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gilmotta

Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Atlanta
I'm definetely new on multi receivers installation. I would like to upgrade my setup to HD and I need 8 receivers.

I'm a Dish Network customer,vI have done up to 4 receivers but I dont know where to start with this.

I used to have Voom. remember Voom?!?!?!

Should I use Dish Pro 1000+ and DPP44? Can I cascade DPP44 for more receivers?

I don't need all DVRs, I only need two DVRs, all others must be HD but no DVRs.

Where can I learn all this stuff? Does anyone know a good distributor for this equipment?

Thanks a lot guys!

DISH four-output switches offer passthrough ports to allow you to daisy chain additional switches.

For eight receivers (or DVRs), two DPP44s (with appropriate power inserters for each) would probably meet your needs.

You are going to pay a lot of money monthly for seven receivers due to new equipment fees which began Feb 1. Are you aware of that? Leased, owned...makes no difference.

You are going to pay a lot of money monthly for seven receivers due to new equipment fees which began Feb 1. Are you aware of that? Leased, owned...makes no difference.

no way! I had no idea that Dish had a new policy in place! I thought I could save some money by doing it myself and by owning the equipment.

Looks like somebody was kind enough to let me know that I can daisy chain DPP44. that's nice!

Thanks,

no way! I had no idea that Dish had a new policy in place!
Not new, but now more expensive. Dish has ALWAYS had receiver fees, leased or owned. Now the amount depends on what receivers you have...up to $17.00 for dual HD Dvrs.

Might wanna wait a little bit and Sling your HD to your 8 HD sets using a couple of 922s and Dish's soon to be coming "TV Everywhere". Info available on their website.

6 receiver limit

Yes, I know from experience that Dish has a 6 receiver limit. However, after I spent 3 hours on the phone, with about 6 different people, Dish did let the customer activate a 7th receiver, but only after she threatened to cancel.

Another option, to save some money, the HD receivers have multiple HD outputs; HDMI and Component.
I did this at home. Have livingroom TV with HDMI and ran a 35 ft cable component cable to master BR. - Result; one receiver, two HD TV's :D

Just a thought - Good Luck. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)