How to know when a free weekend is coming??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directv newb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
columbus, oh.
Hello, I don't know how to know in advance when a free hbo,ect.... weekend is coming. I am signed up for directv email and I NEVER get any advance warning. The only way I find out is if I am lucky enough to see it on here. How does the general population of directv subscribers get this info, any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Hello, I don't know how to know in advance when a free hbo,ect.... weekend is coming. I am signed up for directv email and I NEVER get any advance warning. The only way I find out is if I am lucky enough to see it on here. How does the general population of directv subscribers get this info, any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Just press "Info" on your remote and there is a bar at the top with "Messages" . Press "Messages" and it tells you when the free movie channels will be. It will be in there days before time , so you can know when to watch.

Also, go into your account online and check your settings again, there are a lot of them to choose from.
I get an email stating the free upcoming and I know others do as well.
When I get them, I post it here.

Directv has a messaging system on the receivers. I always see the messages telling me that there is a Free preview.

Thanks for the info, I see I need to start checking my "messages" on my receiver and there I will find the info. Just a little off topic, I see your "avatar" pic is of EDDIE, my first concert I ever went to was Iron Maiden opening up for Judas Priest Friday, October 22nd 1982 at Brendan Byrne Arena(also known as The Meadowlands) in N.J. I can't tell you all the ticket stubs I have from over the years seeing Maiden and Priest, GREAT MEMORIES!!!

Also, go into your account online and check your settings again, there are a lot of them to choose from.
I get an email stating the free upcoming and I know others do as well.
When I get them, I post it here.
Huh, ok didnt know there was an email option to be notified for these specific free preview weekends. I do already get directv emails but never none of this kind I'll have to check that out.

In addition to the on screen messaging, it is also mentioned about a month in advance on the back page of the monthly hard copy newsletter that comes in the mail I assume to ALL Directv customers. Look at it before S***canning it!:doh:

In addition to the on screen messaging, it is also mentioned about a month in advance on the back page of the monthly hard copy newsletter that comes in the mail I assume to ALL Directv customers. Look at it before S***canning it!:doh:

I haven't got a hard copy in ages .... I do get the email version though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)