After 2 year agreement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

halltj2

Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
SC
This is the first time I have ever had satellite and I have been very satisfied with DirecTV compared to TWC. I have about 10 months left on the 2 year agreement and I am just curious as to what happens after the 2 years. Do you do another 2 years or is it month to month? Is it possible to get promotional deals again?

?Thanks!

Once you are past your 2 year commitment, your not tied to them anymore.
Thats about it.
You can ask for discounts if you want, some get very good ones, others a little, think it goes by what programming you have/use.

Remember, IF you upgrade recvrs at all, that puts you back into another 2 year commit.

This is the first time I have ever had satellite and I have been very satisfied with DirecTV compared to TWC. I have about 10 months left on the 2 year agreement and I am just curious as to what happens after the 2 years. Do you do another 2 years or is it month to month? Is it possible to get promotional deals again?

?Thanks!

I just finished my first 2-year agreement with DirecTV. I called to tell them I was considering cancelling because if I switch to Dish I would receive all kinds of discounts as well as better equipment than what I currently have. The very nice rep. initially offered me a Genie for $99. I said that I could get the Hopper for nothing, so he then offered me a Genie for $0 with $0 installation. Then I asked about monthly discounts and was given $20 off for twelve months and an additional $5 off for six months. Then I asked for Sunday Ticket to be thrown in, and he agreed. I think some have gotten better deals than this, but I'm happy with DirecTV's effort to keep me as a customer.

I just finished my first 2-year agreement with DirecTV. I called to tell them I was considering cancelling because if I switch to Dish I would receive all kinds of discounts as well as better equipment than what I currently have. The very nice rep. initially offered me a Genie for $99. I said that I could get the Hopper for nothing, so he then offered me a Genie for $0 with $0 installation. Then I asked about monthly discounts and was given $20 off for twelve months and an additional $5 off for six months. Then I asked for Sunday Ticket to be thrown in, and he agreed. I think some have gotten better deals than this, but I'm happy with DirecTV's effort to keep me as a customer.

Better deals that that ?

What do you want, them to ask you to move in ?

I can't get squat discount wise ....

Better deals that that ?

Hehe. No, I just meant that I recall reading that some have gotten even greater monthly discounts than I got. I didn't feel the need to ask for any more. I'm happy.

I mean if they're offering to move and split the bills, I'm game ;)

Yeah, I would want to know exactly what all I'm committing to, though. Would I really be able to sit and watch football all Sunday afternoon/evening without nagging? There are all those unspoken "commitments" once you move in together. Is TV really worth it? :p

Better deals that that ?

Same here. I recently wanted to add a DVR to replace an older non-dvr HD receiver to my account. They wanted to "sell" me one for $200. I said no to that. The CSR didn't offer me anything else and basically told me to "Have a nice day" and hung up. This is the norm with me when dealing with D*.

Same here. I recently wanted to add a DVR to replace an older non-dvr HD receiver to my account. They wanted to "sell" me one for $200. I said no to that. The CSR didn't offer me anything else and basically told me to "Have a nice day" and hung up. This is the norm with me when dealing with D*.

Sell you a recvr ?

D* doesnt sell recvrs, unless its a special situation.

Thanks for the replies.

I do plan to go the route of calling and asking for discounts when the time comes I just didn't know what the typical situation was. So, if my two years run out and I do nothing will my price stay the same until I change something? I know with TWC they'd increase prices occasionally for kicks and didn't know if DirecTV does this as well. Also, after the two years assuming I change nothing or don't agree to any new deals or equipment I can cancel at any time without any cancellation fees? I really don't plan to every cancel...I wish I had gotten DirecTV sooner...but just in case the situation ever came up.

?Thanks again

Thanks for the replies.

I do plan to go the route of calling and asking for discounts when the time comes I just didn't know what the typical situation was. So, if my two years run out and I do nothing will my price stay the same until I change something? I know with TWC they'd increase prices occasionally for kicks and didn't know if DirecTV does this as well. Also, after the two years assuming I change nothing or don't agree to any new deals or equipment I can cancel at any time without any cancellation fees? I really don't plan to every cancel...I wish I had gotten DirecTV sooner...but just in case the situation ever came up.

?Thanks again

Price changes 1 time a year with Directv, usually Feb/March, thats it.
As for your price staying the same, if you dont have any discounts falling off at the 24 month point, it shouldn't change.

I do plan to go the route of calling and asking for discounts when the time comes I just didn't know what the typical situation was.
The key lies in understanding that there is NO typical situation. What offers you get depends on your personal history with DIRECTV. If they like you, they'll throw you some bones. If you subscribe to minimum levels of programming or have a lousy payment history, they probably won't show you much love.

Only DIRECTV can tell you how they will treat you.

Being a sub for 4 years they give me all the bill credits and 2 freebies over the years while still under contract. I didn't even have to threaten to cancel, well besides getting the free Genie HR44, Maybe going for more credits when some of credits rolls off the bill and expire.

The key lies in understanding that there is NO typical situation. What offers you get depends on your personal history with DIRECTV. If they like you, they'll throw you some bones. If you subscribe to minimum levels of programming or have a lousy payment history, they probably won't show you much love.

Only DIRECTV can tell you how they will treat you.

If that were really the case, D* should be bending over backwards to please me for all the money I give them each month. I can't even get a peck on the cheek, let alone any "love" from them.

If that were really the case, D* should be bending over backwards to please me for all the money I give them each month. I can't even get a peck on the cheek, let alone any "love" from them.
Consider that the average DIRECTV subscriber is paying nearly $100 a month. There are quite a few who pay well upwards of $150/month on average.

Did you try talking to the retention department? They are more likely to give you a deal if you tell them you are considering other providers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts