How to manaully figure out what a dish elevation is at?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
....And in the blink of an eye, it will be so cold no one would want to work on a dish. #1 problem of living in the North.
oh heck no. I'd rather work on the dish farm when its 20 out than 90 out. And my options today were shorts and towels (so when I sit or kneel on the roof I dont burn my knees or hands) or jeans...ugh! Jeans made it worse but had to do that so didnt burn my legs.

Coldest temp I worked on the dish farm......-19. Learned two things that day
1. cable doesnt flex when its cold
2. if you drop the wrench in the snow dont pick it up and PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH!! :eek:

Nice set up Ice.
Thanks. My neighbor truly thinks I'm nuts. He always seem to be out when I work on the dish farm. I did laugh with our conversation today
He says "what the hell you trying to pick up now....Japan?"
Me.....nope. Cuba :)

oh heck no. I'd rather work on the dish farm when its 20 out than 90 out. And my options today were shorts and towels (so when I sit or kneel on the roof I dont burn my knees or hands) or jeans...ugh! Jeans made it worse but had to do that so didnt burn my legs.

Exactly. With cold temps you can always add more clothing. With hot temps, you either become a roof nudist or sweat until your clothes are a soaking mess ;) ...

Nice job on 30W, Iceberg! That's a good candidate for the Winegard 2076 I rescued yesterday.

Nice job on 30W, Iceberg! That's a good candidate for the Winegard 2076 I rescued yesterday.
and with that awesome 17 elevation in Nawlins you shouldnt have any issues ;)

Yup, it will be easier, but its still a bit low with the trees in my yard. I really need to do some serious tree pruning very soon. Should still be able to see Hispasat from the roof farm :) ...

Only potential problem I spot is: the orientation of the LNBF. Aiming skyward like that will make it a prime spot for snow to accumulate. (one reason I went 'sidewinder' fashion)

Regarding your motor, I guess you have tried taking the housing off and using a hex wrench to tighten the bolt holding the motor tight to the gears. Mine has started slipping twice over the last 18 months and each time I did exactly what I just described. And the sg2100 works like a charm,,,,,until I mess it up again (I change channels too quickly sometimes when I realize I made a mistake and the motor is going one direction but needs to go the other direction for the new selection).

So Iceberg are you happy to be back on 30w? I see you found the American baseball on Telecaribe. Somehow they get the games live from the Regional Sports Networks.

So Iceberg are you happy to be back on 30w?
I guess. It was more of a "could I get it again" since the trees have grown :)

I see you found the American baseball on Telecaribe. Somehow they get the games live from the Regional Sports Networks.
That was from Big Fox that day (Saturday game of the week)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)