How to point my dish at 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thanks. The dish pointing at 148 is a D300 & I'm located in San Jose, CA. Since I get my locals OTA losing the few stations on 148 would not hurt.

Hey neighbor, I'm in So. SF. The Bay Area split locals are mirrored at 129 so you won't lose those. For a D300 there is no skew, so all you need to worry about is the elevation and azimuth.

I recently moved my dish pointing at 148 to 129 just to get the Voom channels and I like them. The only thing is that the signal strength for 129 is not as high as I would like it to be. For example, for TPs 20 and 21 (our locals) I only get upper 60s and low 70s. For the Voom channels I get mid 80s.

Good luck and come back if you have more questions. Oh and welcome to Satelliteguys.us.

Thanks! Just a long time reader first time poster ....
I use to subscribe to VOOM and had them upgrade me to a bigger dish before they went out of business. If I used the larger VOOM dish instead of the D300 for 129 do you think the signal strength might be better?

sarusso said:
I use to subscribe to VOOM and had them upgrade me to a bigger dish before they went out of business. If I used the larger VOOM dish instead of the D300 for 129 do you think the signal strength might be better?
You'll probably see a little improvement with the larger dish. A typical 18" dish has about 34dB gain, a 24" dish 36db gain, and a 30" dish 38dB gain. Larger dishes have narrower beam width so pointing is a little more critical (2.5 deg. @-3dB typ. for 30" dish vs. 3.5 deg. @ -3dB typ. for 18" dish).

Finally was able to try it and was able to lock on to 129 successfully at similar strength levels as RandallA, at least it's consistent. Thanks !!!! Now it's time to add VOOM.

sarusso said:
What size dish did they upgrade you to?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts