How to program Harmony 1 remote for 2 HR24s??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
I've got 2 HR24s in my main viewing area. I have one of the D* remotes programmed to control either of them and that works fine. But I can't figure out how to make the Harmony 1 control the HR24 that is set up on AV1. Any clues? Or is it even possible?

thanks

Just tell the Harmony which IR control code set you're using for the second (and successive) unit(s). It is imperative that both DVRs be set for IR control (since simultaneous IR/RF control is not an option).

The Harmony codes will probably look something like HR20-700S2 for code set #2.

I don't think you can do it. Sounds like you must have 1 receiver set to UHF and the one on AV1 is IR
It absolutely can be (and has been) done. I saw a post on Remote Central where someone was running three DIRECTV DVRs off of a lesser Logitech remote.

Just tell the Harmony which IR control code set you're using for the second (and successive) unit(s). It is imperative that both DVRs be set for IR control (since simultaneous IR/RF control is not an option).

The Harmony codes will probably look something like HR20-700S2 for code set #2.

I'm confused. For the one HR using the AV1 setup, will it default to code set #2?? And then you set the Harmony for it to code set #2?? If not, how do you tell which code set is being used for the HR24.

Currently HR#1 is set to IR with the DVR button, and HR#2 is set to IR with the AV1 button.

Thanks to all! That last post and the link cleared it all up in my mind.

Got it programmed to do exactly what I needed. Now just one remote for everything which includes both HR24s, AppleTV, Sony BluRay player and HDDVD player. I'm very pleased with this.

Again, thanks.

I personally gave my contact at Logitech all 8 code sets several months ago, and he confirmed all are now on the database. A simple confirm step picks the right one regardless of the model you enter. For years they only had 2 or 3, but now they have them all.

When I did mine yesterday, I had to do 4 confirm (ie; 'learning') steps for it to ID the remote codes. 3 for HR functions, and one for the 'mute' on the AVR, or at least I thought it was for the AVR. Doesn't matter, all buttons work as expected, menu icons are the same as the 1st HR except they shuffle them a bit differently.

As expected. I meant the confirm portion of the setup, which usually consists of more than one command as you discovered. Sorry I wasn't clear. I usually rearrange the buttons since the defaults sometimes defy logic.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)