How to Receive local stations out of my area

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lumpyhammock

Original poster
Jan 1, 2018
Mount Joy, PA
How can I receive out of my area local stations? DISH and DIRECT TV are no help. Specifically, I'd like to get the Washington DC and Baltimore Area local PBS stations via satelitte of some sort, if possible. Thanks.

Yes, that is exactly what I would do. I would "move" to an address in that area, and keep my billing where it is now. You would lose the locals you have now with DISH, but you would gain the ones you want.

Reactions: lumpyhammock
Too bad the SHVA screwed up our ability to get TV stations outside the local market. It's also too bad since there isn't anyway to receive those stations anymore. It's also too bad when you can't watch a sports program via satellite if you're within that market even though you live 350 miles from the center of that market. Just reasons not to pay for satellite or cable subscriptions. Yeah, yeah, I'm an "angry" person.

You're too far away to get those DC stations via OTA but you might try something closer such as WHYY channel 12.1 from Wilmington, DE, a PBS station. Or check what ROKU or Amazon fire have in their line-up, they do have some local streaming channels available, but mostly news and weather.

If you "move" your satellite service, make sure you're still within the spot beam's footprint.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)