How to set up new WB68 Multiswitch...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

diitto

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Hi... On its way to me via UPS is a Zinwell WB68 6x8 multiswitch that I intend to use to expand my number of available outputs from my current 4. I have a Phase III dish with its standard four outputs. On the other end I have two DVRs with two inputs each (one DVR is HD, the other is SD) and I also have one standard D10 receiver... Someone pointed me to a link for the setup guide for the WB68 and two entries from that setup are listed below...

1. If you have more than one DIRECTV Receiver connected to the WB68, run Guided Setup on each, one at a time.
2. Make sure the other receivers are configured for satellite 101° W.L., and tuned to Channel 100. This will reduce setup time and minimize error.

What exactly does the above mean by "Guided Setup"?? And can someone explain why I need to have all my other receivers tuned to channel 100 while I do this setup on a specific receiver??

I am looking right now at my Satellite Dish Setup menu on my R15 DVR receiver and I see "View Signal Strength" which I've used to check alignment previously, "Repeat Satellite Setup" that I don't think I've ever done, "Enter Lat and Long" which I've never done because instead I gave it a zip code and last, "Auto-Detect Info" and that menu has a warning about that basically says "don't do this unless you know just what you're doing"....

I intend to run my four existing Phase III outputs into feedthrough/ground blocks and then into the four inputs of the WB68 labeled 18v, 13v, 18v/22kHz and 13v/22kHz and I've been told to install them in any order just so all four are hooked up. Then five outputs of the eight will go to my receiver inputs (2, 2 and 1)...

Bottom line is can someone summarize what I need to do regarding receiver box setup once I get the switch installed??? I was thinking there would be nothing to do receiver box setup wise but now that doesn't appear to be the case??? Any help would be appreciated... thanks... diitto...

You don't have to do anything to your receivers. Plug the four cables from the dish into the multiswitch and connect your receivers to the other side of the multiswitch and you are done!

Well, that's good news... Got it... I appreciate the inputs... Thanks much... diitto...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)