How to tell Analog/Digital?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

taelon721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
Hey, guys. Need to tell when looking at data on channels for C-band, how can you distinguish between Analog vs Digital? As far as the Lyngsat site, the colors for Analog/Clear and Digital Clear are so close, I can't tell the difference. Is there another way to tell?

Just like all the Spanish stations on SatMex 5, I can't tell if those FTA stations are Analog or Digital. I am not color blind, but close to it. <grin>

Thanks again.......

Usually digital is listed as DVB with the big red F if its FTA.

Analog is usually listed as NTSC (Or as they call it in the UK, Never Twice the Sam Colour)

I know what you mean about the colors, I just got a new computer and I can differentiate much better now, they are very close in color!

I get it now. So, if I was looking at SatMex 6, even though the FTA channels don't say DVB or NTSC, I look to the top of that section for the provider and see what it is. Example: On that sat, the 5th item listed is Telesecundaria, which is FTA. The Edusat is like the Provider for that collection of channels, which has DVB next to it, so that means all of those channels below it are Digital. Am I correct? Do I just learn something else from you two? :bow

Teachers teach me! :D

Thanks again as usual. If I didn't get it right, then I am not coming out of my room again, and will never go back to school!!!!!!!

correct. Anything in that light yellow is free and the 1st line is the provider and shows its DVB

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)