How to tell if my equipment is capable of HD + need LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cygnus-x1

Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
Maryland
Originally I simply wanted to discover which DirecTV LNB module I need to buy to replace my current one which I believe to be bad. So I discovered this fact filled forum and then started seeing references to old/new dishes and HD TV. I plan to buy an HD TV soon and I now need to learn how to tell if my dish is old. The Dish is circa 2001 and the LNB was replaced once in 2006. Presently I have a single LNB / Module. So do I need a new dish and if so what type and what type of LNB is required ? I do not plan anything fancy, just watching football in HD. I would like to buy / install the equipment myself so any tips on where I can get a fair deal with good folks (online preferred) would be appreciated. thanks a bunch !

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

The current dish for hd is the Slimline. It says it right on the dish. The previous hd model had an extra arm for the 110 and 119 lnb. If you get it yourself you will have to also get an hd capable receiver or dvr, all on your dime. It will get you a new two year commitment. If you get it through Directv as an upgrade, it won't cost you anything except the commitment.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

The current dish for hd is the Slimline. It says it right on the dish. The previous hd model had an extra arm for the 110 and 119 lnb. If you get it yourself you will have to also get an hd capable receiver or dvr, all on your dime. It will get you a new two year commitment. If you get it through Directv as an upgrade, it won't cost you anything except the commitment.

Chip, Thanks for the info. If I understood you correctly if I sign up for two more years then they _should_ provide me a new hd compatible receiver. Would that also include a new dish/lnb setup as well ? That might be the best route to go if that is the case.

Chip, Thanks for the info. If I understood you correctly if I sign up for two more years then they _should_ provide me a new hd compatible receiver. Would that also include a new dish/lnb setup as well ? That might be the best route to go if that is the case.

Yes it would also include the new dish and lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts