Whole Home / TV Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

doug4772

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Lewistown, PA
I am upgrading to a whole home DVR system next week. I will transition my HR23 to my upstairs tv and have a new HR24 installed in my living room.

My question is, if I use an RF Modulator can I connect the HR23 HD DVR to an SD tv? I believe this will work. I know it's not ideal but I need to connect it this way until I buy an HD tv for my second room.

Essentially, the RF modulator will allow me to convert svideo from the receiver to straight coax. I suppose could use composite RCA cab,cables as well...

Thanks,
Doug

Essentially, the RF modulator will allow me to convert svideo from the receiver to straight coax. I suppose could use composite RCA cab,cables as well...

Most RF mods ONLY take composite video in.
Just curious, but you're sure your SD TV has NO external A/V inputs already, front or back? If so, you obviously would NOT even need the RF mod.

I am upgrading to a whole home DVR system next week. I will transition my HR23 to my upstairs tv and have a new HR24 installed in my living room.

My question is, if I use an RF Modulator can I connect the HR23 HD DVR to an SD tv? I believe this will work. I know it's not ideal but I need to connect it this way until I buy an HD tv for my second room.

Thanks,
Doug

Does the HR23 have an s-video out? BTW, a VCR makes a fine rf modulator!

The TV is coax input only. The HR23 does have svideo output.

The radio shack RF modulator I already had does have composite and svideo.

Sounds like I a set for now.

Thanks for e replies.

-Doug

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)