How to tune to OTA sub-channels via remote?

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
Hi,

Ok, this is probably a dumb question but how the heck do I do it?

For instance, I have a VIP211k with a built in ATSC tuner.

I use it to tune in the local sub-channels.

When using me ~TV~, tuner and remote, the remote has a dash button on it. So I can punch in something like, 50-1 or 50-4 and it goes to those sub-channels.
If I just punch in 50, it goes to the main channel.

But I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to do the same thing using my 20.0 remote and the VIP211k built-in tuner. There is no dash or decimal buttons on the 20.0 remote.
I can enter 50 and that works just fine but there is absolutely nothing I can find that will let me directly enter a sub-channel number.. :confused:

The ONLY way I can find to do it is bring up the program guide then navigate up and down until I get to the channel I want then select it.

That sure is a clumsy way to change channels!

In the manual there is something about changing your local channels to show up in the list above #100, I think it says it will give them a four digit number instead of the defaults.
But I can not find that in the setup. I think the tuner firmware has been changed since that manual was printed.
Is that no longer an option?

It seems to me that the ability to tune in ATSC sub-channels was an afterthought, that they really consider that people might want to watch non-satellite channels too. :eek:

If it can't be done, oh well. Not a deal breaker. But it would be nice.

Thanks! :)

Oh! I would have never, ever thought to try that! DOH!! :eek:

I'll have to wait a bit to try it, I'm recording something now..

edit: bingo! That did it! Thank you guys! Mystery solved! :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts