How to tune to OTA sub-channels via remote?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
Hi,

Ok, this is probably a dumb question but how the heck do I do it?

For instance, I have a VIP211k with a built in ATSC tuner.

I use it to tune in the local sub-channels.

When using me ~TV~, tuner and remote, the remote has a dash button on it. So I can punch in something like, 50-1 or 50-4 and it goes to those sub-channels.
If I just punch in 50, it goes to the main channel.

But I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to do the same thing using my 20.0 remote and the VIP211k built-in tuner. There is no dash or decimal buttons on the 20.0 remote.
I can enter 50 and that works just fine but there is absolutely nothing I can find that will let me directly enter a sub-channel number.. :confused:

The ONLY way I can find to do it is bring up the program guide then navigate up and down until I get to the channel I want then select it.

That sure is a clumsy way to change channels!

In the manual there is something about changing your local channels to show up in the list above #100, I think it says it will give them a four digit number instead of the defaults.
But I can not find that in the setup. I think the tuner firmware has been changed since that manual was printed.
Is that no longer an option?

It seems to me that the ability to tune in ATSC sub-channels was an afterthought, that they really consider that people might want to watch non-satellite channels too. :eek:

If it can't be done, oh well. Not a deal breaker. But it would be nice.

Thanks! :)

Oh! I would have never, ever thought to try that! DOH!! :eek:

I'll have to wait a bit to try it, I'm recording something now..

edit: bingo! That did it! Thank you guys! Mystery solved! :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts