How to use the new X4 guide without issues or solve them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Seems like a lot of work just to watch TV. Might be better to have a completely separate & dedicated dish & receiver for those who use their 4D's to chase satellites

Come on... part of the hobby is tinkering ;). If you want it easy you need to get pizza and deal with there B.S. at high rates, contracts and rain fade.

It's a fun hobby, but a separate dish is not a bad idea...I was just given a 10' Sami in excellent shape. My 7.5' is going to be the W5 dish.

6 foot and up will work well. Just remember to be a true satellite guy you have to put it together with some duck tape and blocks of wood :D

I see old 8 & 10 foot dishes all over out here while driving along these country highways. I bet i could score one cheap. I already picked up an old feed horn with a fairly new looking LNB a couple weeks ago. And 4D receivers are all over eBay.

Go knock on doors and tell them you'll haul away their old dish. They will probably be glad to give it to you. Or you could do the opposite and sell them on the W5/X4 idea and get more subs in the game.

I bet i could score one cheap.

Ya like free!!! Don't forget your doing a service that costs money your just trading time for the dish.

4096 must still be transmitting downloadable info of some kind. Otherwise there would be no problems looking at other sats. The receiver gets confused because now there are 2 ACTIVE datastreams. I found the solution that works best: 4DTV surfs the sky unconverted and 410 stays on 105w for subscription service.

I don't know if 4096 would be an issue because we had 4160 before and it never caused a problem with 4096. Things are now reversed thats all. The problem with freezing is there is only one major satellite in the guide now. Before there was data for multi sats. The guide is stupid and the processor is very slow. When you hit Guide on say G1 now it searches through all the tiles before it finds data for X4 and since the 4D is less powerful than a 286 it takes forever and sits there dumb till it catches up. Each time you do a keystroke the 4D has a stroke and slows it down more till it coughs up and dies. This always happened in the past if you hit Guide on a Generic bird. I learned to never hit Guide on a Generic this is the same thing

The guide on the 410 comes in really quick.

Well anyways time to enjoy some AXMen on my subbed 410.

wallyhts said:
The guide on the 410 comes in really quick.

Well anyways time to enjoy some AXMen on my subbed 410.

Oh yeah, my 410 loads the guide quickly too, and you can scroll through and channel surf as fast as you want with no issues. I love it! :)

I've seen the 410 work on my clients system. Ya the guide is fast but it don't have a big load on the CPU or eats up ram like the 4D does.

This information may be helpful to some that not getting the programming guide. I found out when talking to SRL last week that not all packages will automatically activate the guide as this came up when I renew a package.The Pick 10 and Discovery Pak are two that you may need to make sure they activate it for you.

I just discovered what seems to be going on with my guide. Every few days when searching for channels or info it would lock up and ater a few minutes restart the box and have to reload the guide. It appears that my guide loads up and uses all the guide memory. Soon as I look for something that's beyond what's stored it crashes, dumps memory and starts over. Somehow it isn't dumping old guide data to make room for the new in a orderly fashion. Still asks for G1 after the crash to reload, but it hasn't been to see G1 since January!

Is anyone else seeing this happen or is it another quirk of this buggy old 920 I'm using?

I see old 8 & 10 foot dishes all over out here while driving along these country highways. I bet i could score one cheap. I already picked up an old feed horn with a fairly new looking LNB a couple weeks ago. And 4D receivers are all over eBay.

I see a lot of them around here also. All the one's I've looked at have some kind of problem - mostly hail damage.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)