how versatile is glorystar ?

homewurx

Original poster
May 3, 2006
I would appreciate it if someone could answer a newbie question.. As a skyangel lifer I recall that there was a strong preference for setting up a standard fta system to get glorystar channels. IF I wanted to work from the opposite angle and support glorystar by purchasing the glorystar system and then asap get all the other channels available on a standard ku receiver what equipment would I need and would it be available as one of glorystar's packages? (I'm in the NYC area if that is a factor) thanks

I hope this answers the question you are asking:
The Glorystar system comes with all the parts necessay to receive all the KU-FTA channels on AMC4 and Galaxy 25. The instructions are very complete. The equipment is superior. If you have Line Of Sight (LOS) to the required satellites, then there should be NO problem.
Welcome to Satellite Guys... We will all help you get set up!
POP

homeworx

Couple ways I can go with this
-as RV pop said, the G* system is at G25 & AMC4. There are more than just G* channels on there. You can scan both satellites for all the channels on there
-or get a motor and you can see what is all out there

Any FTA box will get the G* channels. They just have a special software on the box to be able to get JUST G* channels. You can turn that off if you'd like

Thanks gentlemen- I do believe I would prefer a motorized set up which would allow for scanning other sat's. I guess I would only need glorystar's single lnbf option ; oh and then dish options and receiver options.... I think I had better call them; my ignorance is showing. Thanks so much for getting me started on this "endeavor"

The next question --- do you want/need dvr-pvr option? == Do you want to record?

I have no experience with a motor yet. I do not remember how much the dual setup adds. If I were getting my first one now, I would again get the fixed dual unit, now, then go with a second, motorized unit later. I can not take command (from my wife)of the Glorystar unit to scan for some thing else. A second unit is cheaper that a divorce! The price from Glorystar is extremely reasonable!
POP

RE: Motor

The best thing I think about Glorystar is that it is quality FTA equipment. It's not cheapo stuff. But the price is also very reasonable for that quality equipment.

Here is my suggestion. Just get the stock 2 LNB Glorystar setup. In the box you get the holder for just 1 LNB if so desire so you can switch it out later. So get it all setup as a basic Glorystar setup. Then later on, say 1 year down the road, you decide you want more then you just simply buy a motor and switch the 2 LNB holder for the single LNB holder and you're all set.

so I should go with the duad lnb which will allow for all glorystar stations then purchase a single lnb when motorizing? Is the issue the installation of a motorized assembly? Because my wife knows better than to allow me to try to put something together so we probably would have someone do it .AlsoAre there connections on the receiver for the antenna I understand I will need eventually for digital local stations that have to be converted to analog. I would get glorystar and forget about dish locals and PI's

so I should go with the duad lnb which will allow for all glorystar stations then purchase a single lnb when motorizing?
The Glorystar system uses two LNB's if you go to the motor later - then you will have a spare! You should be able to put this system in-line with your digital to analog receiver just fine.
Bob

The Glorystar system uses two LNB's if you go to the motor later - then you will have a spare!

Exactly. The package comes with both dual and single LNB mounts (as I remember) so if you decide to put on a motor then you'd simply change out the mounts and just have the single LNB. However I'd say if you really want a motor and you're gong to have someone install it for you then I'd just get the motor right away and go the single LNB route with the motor. That way you're all set and done.

I would seriously consider what channels are important to you, I went through this not long ago and I went ahead and got a Motorized Package but now I think that the Stationary dual LBN glorystar system would be good enough for me, the Glorystar dual LBN system gets you Galaxy25 and AMC4 there are lots of good channels on these 2 Sats, If your a skyangel lifer then these 2 sats should fill the ticket, theres alot of secular junk channels out there also keep that in mind.

Thanks for the insight darrens. I would imagine there is a lot of junk but I tend to think I'm missing something if I have not covered all bases by being able to view all sats. My wife would want news channels and I would be interested in sports but if I understand correctly it is not like flicking stations and watching network tv? How long does it take for your system to lock into broadcasting if you are " flicking" ? If you have a favorites list I would suppose you could get the viewing options to a manageable level and can find all the glorystar programs yourself?

Thanks for the insight darrens. I would imagine there is a lot of junk but I tend to think I'm missing something if I have not covered all bases by being able to view all sats. My wife would want news channels and I would be interested in sports but if I understand correctly it is not like flicking stations and watching network tv? How long does it take for your system to lock into broadcasting if you are " flicking" ? If you have a favorites list I would suppose you could get the viewing options to a manageable level and can find all the glorystar programs yourself?

If you have a motor installed and depending upon how far the motor has to go, it could take 10 to 15 seconds to change from one channel to another.

What I do, is make sure that I stay on the same satellite and check the channels on that one before I go to the other and check those channels. I don't go back and foth all the time from one channel to the next. Others here might just load a channel list and go from 123 to 97 to 119 to 97 to 82 etc. but, I try to avoid that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)