Votes: 20 21.3%

• Total voters

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Now that D* is offically launching RSN's (atleast the games via time being) via spot, How do you thing E* will respond.

If I was E* I would be lauching the first 5 HD RSN's that D* launched, exept on a perminate basis. I know CCSNHD chicago does have lots of hd content including some road games in HD. I'm just wondering how long it will take E* to follow, allthough At the end of the month it wont matter for me untill i come home on midtour and for good in early 08 :) It would be nice to see something before i go :)

what are you talking about.

well anyways, directv has been offering RSN Hd gammes for years, what's new

BFG said:
what are you talking about.

well anyways, directv has been offering RSN Hd gammes for years, what's new

BFG, No they havent no one has braudcased RSN game in high def untill recently to people in there market other than cable. NFLSDT games come from the networks like fox and cbs, not RSN's like yes or ccsn or fox sports philly. Right now if the CWS are playing on the HDPPV channel I cant watch it because its blacked out, Im forced feed a the SD version from CCSN chicago. I would like to get the CCSN HD version through dish if i can. Why? because its in high def :) !

Basically im talking about this :) http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060710/20060710006020.html?.v=1

Scott mentioned at Team Summit that some RSN's would be added this fall, which is usuall Dish code for January. I don't think this is going to push them to move it up any further. The sports climate on Dish is different than D*. D* has always marketed themselves as a leader in sports. Dish has most of the same coverage but it's not something they tout with any voice. Having NFLST helps D* a lot in that respect.

Sam

Last edited:
:confused: I'm so very lost! can you spell out some of these acronyms just once. so i can understand. i think your saying diirectv has video games in high definition? like dishnetwork has on there home Chanel but they are in standard definition. is that right? but dishnetwork may launch some this fall! that wold be fantastic! i would pay the $5 mo gaming for that but theses games will prob be extra$$$

actually RSN is Regional Sports Networks, and pdxsam is correct that Dish discussed launching some HD RSN's in the fall at Team Summit last month

I'm hoping for the next uplink report!

FSN Detroit launches HD for the first time - July 14!

Of course, that launch is on D*. That free NFL offer they are running is looking more tempting everyday. Hmmm, how much do I really watch Voom anyway...

After reading DirecTV's press release, I am confused.

It says they'll be using Spotbeams to transmit the HD feeds of the games to the area's from which the channel is located. (This is for the non 24/7 channels0

But - how will you see the game if it is blacked out?

Am I reading into this wrong?

Basically, it's saying, we'll show the Orioles in HD in the Mid-Atlantic region only via spotbeam - but hell, since I live in the Orioles DMA, all of their games are blacked out for me - regardless of the fact I have Extra Innings.

So how will this be accomplished?

It was my understanding that Dish was going to add the HD version of the regionals on national beams later this year. I wonder if they will speed this up now that DIRECTV is beating them to the punch. Dish would have an advantage if they put them nationwide instead of LiL. Would make things like the sports pack, and all the packages for NBA, Hockey, Baseball, etc much more interesting.

If they got NESN-HD up right now I would still pay the full price for extra innings. Its not summer unless the sox are in the background.

Hear that dish? More money cause thats what matters most.

I wouldn't be surprised if E* get HD RSNs by end of this quarter. They may not be in a hurry since RSN's only HD programming that's worth noting NOW are the MLB baseball games. Basketball and hockey seasons don't start again until fall. It's not like in October when you can watch baseball, basketball, and hockey in HD from your RSN.

Last edited:
What's the use of having NESN-HD if you'd only get the HD version in New England AND have the Sox games blacked out?

Isn't the point of extra innings to watch out of market games? For example Red Sox in the huge NY sports dma, which pisses me off because I am closer to Boston than NYC. If dish added the NESN-HD feed wouldn't those HD games be available in EI? And then the rest of NESN-HD in the multi sport pack provided they did the same thing with HD as they do currently with SD?

I understand if they are blacked out when playing the yankees, then I just get to piss of yankee fans at the bar.

williamkmurphy said:
Isn't the point of extra innings to watch out of market games? For example Red Sox in the huge NY sports dma, which pisses me off because I am closer to Boston than NYC. If dish added the NESN-HD feed wouldn't those HD games be available in EI? And then the rest of NESN-HD in the multi sport pack provided they did the same thing with HD as they do currently with SD?

I understand if they are blacked out when playing the yankees, then I just get to piss of yankee fans at the bar.

My question is going under the assumption of what DirecTV is doing - and using spotbeams. If they use spotbeams, the HD channel will only be available to the area under the beam - which naturally would be New England, in this example. It almost kind of sounds like it's defeating itself.

psumattDE said:
My question is going under the assumption of what DirecTV is doing - and using spotbeams. If they use spotbeams, the HD channel will only be available to the area under the beam - which naturally would be New England, in this example. It almost kind of sounds like it's defeating itself.

I think it would be more benifical to dish to put them on conus tp's and for those who have the hd package and the sports package, they could get all the rsn's in hd.. They could sell more of the sports package this way to the higher end coustomers who have HD programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)