XM
6,500,000-
3,229,124 =
3,270,876 added since 2004

Sirius
4,200,000 -
1,143,258=
3,056,742 added since 2004

XM has added more since 2004? by 214134 or am I missing something?

I think the point here would be that Sirius has tripled their customer base in that time where as XM has doubled their base. I think your comparison is valid, but I think the bigger picture is that the rate of increase has been much higher on the Sirius side.

I am not trying to spin your comments, just pointing out how I am viewing the data. Also, it should be great news to both companies as their customer base is increasing, which is validation for customers like myself who wondered if my investment was going to be a VHS/Beta type situation.

"I am not trying to spin your comments, just pointing out how I am viewing the data."

Reminds me of the old debate between DirecTV and DishNetwork. D* is and always was in the lead but if you wanted to spin the data, you could pick isolated points in history where the underdog is growing faster than the other. I would just say, whatever floats your boat! Me?... I don't sub to either one unless you count the dbs TV services then since I sub to D* and E* it could be said I sub to both XM and serius. Fact is I don't listen to either. :) cheers!

Many years ago, I saw a HS show, late at night. Some woman came in and walked around the studio naked, sitting in laps, etc. She was so fuzzed out it was ridiculous. I understand that was a fairly common occurrence for a while. I suppose there is a market for a compilation of such shows or outtakes, uncensored, if anyone would market them.

I watched 2 or 3 shows again, just before he left FM. The shows appeared slow, a tired format, just punching the time clock until it was all over. The radio show was the audio of the TV show, right? I'd guess his Sirius radio show would be about the same- or did it suddenly perk up? Did they drop the video feed?

Yet it still satisfies a market- more power to him. The argument really is over how large that market is. Listen to the show if you want, forget it otherwise. The market will determine how long the show, or one like it, lasts.

^ I have no idea what shows he watched. Not every HS show was a classic mind you, no show is, but towards the end even I, a stern fan, wasn't watching the E show...

There is no outake/uncensored material on the market from the old E shows because you'd have to go back and get everyone's permission for it. They know it's on the radio and basic cable, and howard said repeatedly "we'll block it out on tv" in order to get the girls comfortable. You can't just use that footage unedited after using such verbage. His current show is available InDemand, but that's recent and everyone knows that it can and most likely will be used unedited...

The tv shows are the video of the radio show, not the other way around.

As the numbers showed, XM has added 200k more subs than Sirius in the same time frame. That can't be credited to O&A really, and considering they're farther ahead and had better equipment, 200k doesn't seem like a very impressive number at all. With all the pro-XM talk, you'd expect them to have added twice as many people as sirius...O&A appeared pretty quickly after signing, howard took over a year before he showed up...

Howard going to sirius got the sirius propaganda machine rolling, which prompted the XM propaganda machine to get rolling. XM really didn't advertise much until they had a fire lit under them by sirius signing howard. I think howard signing with sirius may have actually helped XM more than anyone there is willing to admit. They were content with what they were doing and were forced to step up.

It's all in the name of competition, and competition is good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)