Howard Stern Sues SiriusXM

Just read thru casually - is Stern trying to get a bonus for the subs that were acquired by the merger?

Let's be frank and honest with each other. Has Howard been even remotely funny to listen to since 1991? No. That is when I stopped listening to him because every day it was the same old sh*t reconstituted. At some point in time one needs to figure out that you have no relevance anymore. Pity that Howard didn't realize that 20 years ago.

MIHotBear said:
Let's be frank and honest with each other. Has Howard been even remotely funny to listen to since 1991? No. That is when I stopped listening to him because every day it was the same old sh*t reconstituted. At some point in time one needs to figure out that you have no relevance anymore. Pity that Howard didn't realize that 20 years ago.

I would have to say Sirius would disagree with you....

I listen and laugh my ass off every morning...I started subscribing to Sirius to listen to his show.

I have to be honest, I used to be a huge Stern show fan but I enjoyed Howard more when he was on the "free" radio. (Maybe it was that exciting element of what he couldn't say. I do have sirius/xm but i don't ever listen to him any more.

Howard, don't go F'n up the satellite radio business just cause you can!

Seems like a simple case about what award terms in his contract are expected (subscriber numbers as related to the XM takeover) and what Stern's MGMT and production company says is due VS what Sirius says is part of said reward compensation. I bet this will get near trial and they will agree it was a badly worded contact regarding same and announce a settlement or a reworked contract. I don't see this as ego on either side. They simply can't agree on what the terms actually say or how each interprets them and they need a 3rd party to read it all and sort it out. Which is EXACTLY what they are for.

Why would you as contract employee NOT seek out the true terms to your satisfaction; would you leave $$$ on the table?

Why would you as an employer simply pay out whatever someone told you to if you don't think it was agreed to?

If I would have wanted to listen to Stern....I would have subscribed to Sirius 6 years ago when I signed up for XM. Now since the merger I am really thinking about letting my yearly subscription when it comes up for renewal in September. I get tired of getting e-mails and l crap wanting me to subscribe to the Best of Sirius....so I can hear him. I will turn it off before I pay to listen to him. As it is it sucks that they now want 2.00 a month for the free Internet Streaming Radio that I had with XM and having to pay for NASCAR, broadcasts the next will be MLB radio to go. When NCAA sports go Pac-10, Big-10 etc. etc. I'm through with Sirius/XM also when I signed up it was all commercial free.....not since they merged.

You do realize that most is STILL commercial free AND you don't ever have to listen to Stern? I have had Sirius since day one and have tuned in ONCE! However; it does suck to pay extra for the streaming service if you already pay for the SAT service. AND they also offer

A La Carte Servies Starting at $6.99 /mo

Choose what you want to listen to. Pick 50 channels from a selection of Sirius' 100% commercial-free music, sports talk, entertainment, news, traffic and weather channels to create your own personalized package.

Requires an A La Carte-capable Sirius radio
Does not include live games or races
Premium channels cost extra

Last edited: