Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
With all the VOOM happenings our server is getting slammed, and also it appears we have some stuck MYSQL problems which is causing out server load to skyrocket.

Our server load with 1,200 online is usually around 1.21 however now with this load and the stuck process the server load is now 22.39 :shocked

However from my office the speed seems good, not as zippy as it normally is, but no big noticable slowdown.

At this time I do not want to reboot the server, but if you guys (the members) are seeing issues please let me know and I will do what is needed to restore the server to full speeed. :)

Thanks to everyone for their support and for making us the premiere site for VOOM news and information. :)

I am going to let it stay this way for now. Way to many people online to kick them off.

Besides if I did reboot, the folks would think it has something to do with VOOM. :D

I am still monitoring the server, the load is now down to 10.47 not back to the 1.21 it should be. I am actually killing and restarting some services in the backround from time to time to help speed things up. :)

I fell like the man behind the curtain. :D

Seems to be running at a good speed here. Good thing the server was upgraded before the VOOM soap opera started. All these guests getting all the google ads is probably going to pay for the server upgrade soon!

The ads are only good if people visit them though, too bad we are not paid for the number of times they are displayed. I would be rich. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)