Howz it Over Here?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well if you can still pay a smaller lease fee on ebay like i did for my hr21-100 it's still a good deal. i paid $80 shipped for a hr21-100 compared to the new customer deal at the time which was $199 for the hd dvr. saved$$$$
Thats true too, but he should be able to get these for free rather easliy from D* if its a lease

Thats true too, but he should be able to get these for free rather easliy from D* if its a lease

with the deals they have now yes i agree with you. besides instead of doing this online you could always call and they might even bend things a little further for even a better deal. i know D has taken care of other things for me and D has given me great discounts. can't complain :)

with the deals they have now yes i agree with you. besides instead of doing this online you could always call and they might even bend things a little further for even a better deal. i know D has taken care of other things for me and D has given me great discounts. can't complain :)
Wow, what a switch from Dish.

Does Rupert Murdoch still own DirecTV? Hate that guy...

Depending on the monthly lease fee, I should come out ahead if I can in fact buy one for $50, so worth a try. If not, a free one should be easy.

Is anyone using the HD-PVR?

Quantum - I would be willing to bet that they are leased receivers. Directv has pretty much gone 100% lease for the past couple of years.

Wow, what a switch from Dish.

tell me about it. i also have dish and i plan to disconnect their service very soon after almost 10 years. there was a time the dish was great with their customer service but that's gone down hill. i still love their dvr's though :)

I agree. I got, as stated many times before, free HD-DVRs from them, and anytime I have had a problem it was handled to my satisfaction. They are very good at this IMHO

OK, I have a response from another seller who says I would own the receiver for $40+$12. An eBay member since '06. Very tempting.

Just be prepared for Directv to tell you it is a lease.

i think he understands that. the good thing is since it's a lease fee either way if you can save a few bucks getting off of ebay then it's worth it. :)

OK, I have a response from another seller who says I would own the receiver for $40+$12. An eBay member since '06. Very tempting.

i've bought and sold a lot on ebay and if his feedback is solid then i wouldn't worry about anything.

Yeah, if the lease fee is what, $5/mo, and I keep service for two years, OK. Plus if I get away with no commitment to contract, ALRIGHT! And if I in fact own it, ROCK ON! Gimme three.

Yeah, if the lease fee is what, $5/mo, and I keep service for two years, OK. Plus if I get away with no commitment to contract, ALRIGHT!

actually besides that whatever you pay for the receiver is actually a lease payment. that's why if D is charging you more for the receiver than someone else you might as well go with the other since it's all an upfront lease payment. what ever you pay if it's $50 or $30 or $100, you still don't own it.you might as well pay the least possible amount of money.

actually besides that whatever you pay for the receiver is actually a lease payment. that's why if D is charging you more for the receiver than someone else you might as well go with the other since it's all an upfront lease payment. what ever you pay if it's $50 or $30 or $100, you still don't own it.you might as well pay the least possible amount of money.

True, but he can get it for free as a lease. At least I think he can right now.

To me it would come down to can you trust the seller. Personally, I wouldnt. I just have heard to many stories that sound like this. Hope yours turns out right Quantum

To me it would come down to can you trust the seller. Personally, I wouldnt. I just have heard to many stories that sound like this. Hope yours turns out right Quantum

:up

So I get the IRD free from D -- Then they charge me what, $5/mo for lease? For two years? I come out better buying this, even if it is a lease. Especially if it's not, as represented.

And I've been an active member with eBay almost since the beginning ('98), and I've been subject to about every scam and dodge there is. The most important metric is longevity there. It's always a balance of risk, no matter what, but you've got to factor that against the potential loss. Some are afraid, but I am less so.

So I get the IRD free from D -- Then they charge me what, $5/mo for lease? For two years? I come out better buying this, even if it is a lease. Especially if it's not, as represented.

You will still be charged $5 per month even if you get it from ebay.

JAG72 you've consistently been a wet rag through this whole process, so you'll forgive me if I wait for other confirmation of this?

JAG72 you've consistently been a wet rag through this whole process, so you'll forgive me if I wait for other confirmation of this?

I have just seen way to many times that people say the exact same thing and them come back all ticked off. I don't mean to be negative but I just want to make sure your have the facts.

The $5 fee is paid if you own or lease the equipment. The first $5 fee is waived as part of the subscription. The owned fee is a mirror fee and the leased one is a lease fee. They are basicly the same just different names.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)